• We are currently running a full reindex on the database following a problem yesterday morning (Thursday 5th December).
    This will take a few hours to complete and during this time, search results will be incomplete or non-existant. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Premier League 19/20

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Liverpool are favourites to sign Jadon Sancho. According to Jan Aage Fjortoft. From one of his sources.

Yes please.
Interesting one with Jadon Sancho. Why did he leave City and now why is he leaving Dortmund? Attitude issues?

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Interesting one with Jadon Sancho. Why did he leave City and now why is he leaving Dortmund? Attitude issues?
All a little suspect. Happily have him at Utd though.

Would he have played at City? They've hardly got the best track record with giving kids a chance.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
All a little suspect. Happily have him at Utd though.

Would he have played at City? They've hardly got the best track record with giving kids a chance.
Only talking about that this morning. Obviously the standards are unbelievably high but we need to giving youth more of a chance, especially Foden.

Also we played with two youth players at centre half in the league cup at Preston and they did OK. Got to be a better option than Otamendi.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
Only talking about that this morning. Obviously the standards are unbelievably high but we need to giving youth more of a chance, especially Foden.

Also we played with two youth players at centre half in the league cup at Preston and they did OK. Got to be a better option than Otamendi.
Foden is a strange one. Pep talks highly of him and he plays well whenever I see him but he doesn't seem to get a run.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
He wouldn’t have got a look in at City at the time?
There were other issues re conduct and contract I believe.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Foden is a strange one. Pep talks highly of him and he plays well whenever I see him but he doesn't seem to get a run.
Agreed. Pep talks him up but then doesn't give him loads of minutes. I would play him more but then again, I'm not party to seeing him train all week

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Minimum £100 million.

Spending the Salah money in advance.
Would be a like for like replacement too, both play on the right wing, plus Salah form has dropped quite considerably by his high standards.
I want him stay extra squad depth, and we don't need to sell we have loads of dough, from the past summer nothing spent, still FSG love a net spend so wouldn't be surprised if he went.

PatMrex

Liverpool V Everton: Going to be a tough one IMO. If there's one game the BS want to win over anyone else it's this one. Hell, Everton fans were singing City songs last season when the were defeated by them. And by all accounts, many were hoping they would lose to Leicester last weekend.

I don't care where they are in the league, and that well worn cliche about form going out the window in a derby rings true - 9/10 times with this lot. Liverpool won't have it easy Wednesday night, just as a well oiled and vibrant Leicester didn't on the weekend.

jason g

Distinguished Member
Agreed. Pep talks him up but then doesn't give him loads of minutes. I would play him more but then again, I'm not party to seeing him train all week
pep did mention that next season when david silva retires that phil foden will be the one to step in his place, if that doesn't happen then i expect foden to look elsewhere to get playing time.

maverick177uk

I wonder if Sancho would come back to City if Sane moved on, we get first refusal or 15% of the sell on, can’t see it though so I guess we will just take the cash.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
So to night's the night that Amazon Prime will be covering the EPL ... having watched there previous venture into Live Sport ,Tennis's US Open i hope they will have sorted out the PQ .. because the tennis was full of stutter and replicated on Football it will not look good.. hopefully it will be sorted .. but i have my doubts.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
I wonder if Sancho would come back to City if Sane moved on, we get first refusal or 15% of the sell on, can’t see it though so I guess we will just take the cash.
I’ve always wondered why you have first refusal clauses these days, either the player wants to go or not. Normally they have been tapped up anyway. Gone are the days of a club asking another club permission and the player not having a scobby beforehand.

So to night's the night that Amazon Prime will be covering the EPL ... having watched there previous venture into Live Sport ,Tennis's US Open i hope they will have sorted out the PQ .. because the tennis was full of stutter and replicated on Football it will not look good.. hopefully it will be sorted .. but i have my doubts.
It’s in 4K is that correct ?

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Off to Burnley this evening ...... in the home end. At least we will sound a little bit like the regulars.

maverick177uk

I’ve always wondered why you have first refusal clauses these days, either the player wants to go or not. Normally they have been tapped up anyway. Gone are the days of a club asking another club permission and the player not having a scobby beforehand.
It’s a win win situation 1 in 100 might go on to be brilliant like Sancho so why not, they all leave for different reasons, Sancho seems to be attitude and nit wanting to wait, he’s proven himself but it seems his attitude is questionable, fined for been late to training etc, seems to be like Sturridge to me, became a billy big bollocks and really didn’t reach the levels he could have.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
4K picture looks great on Prime Video. I'm a fan of this format (i.e match choice).

Dony

Distinguished Member
4K picture looks great on Prime Video. I'm a fan of this format (i.e match choice).
And in HDR too! :smashin: The format is nice. Very professional looking so far from Amazon.
Not when you've max download speeds of 2.5 Mbps. It's like watching a Minecraft 11 v Lego Allstars on my screen.