Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we all agree that VAR has been a joke and not fit for purpose. But where do they go with it from here? I suppose they have to carry on and hopefully learn from it in the end of season analysis

Simple. Use the version of VAR they use in the Champions League and let the referee on the field review the replay footage to uphold or overturn HIS decision, rather than some faceless cretin in a portakabin on the other side of the country.

Nothing between them so far except 2 goals and several suspect decisions.

@stevenM that was a VAR penalty if ever I saw one. Not sure what you’re seeing.
I think Pep will be fuming !

I think we all agree that VAR has been a joke and not fit for purpose. But where do they go with it from here? I suppose they have to carry on and hopefully learn from it in the end of season analysis
They have to do something .. today it has swung a game or lack of it did.. that's the very core of why we have it.. time the Ref's were made to explain ,that however much help they are given , they still are getting crucial decision wrong.. Stevie Wonder would have gave TAA handball but Michael Oliver and Unknown of Stockley Park say's no.

Brilliant performance at the Molineux today and we really should have had five or six.

They have to do something .. today it has swung a game or lack of it did.. that's the very core of why we have it.. time the Ref's were made to explain ,that however much help they are given , they still are getting crucial decision wrong.. Stevie Wonder would have gave TAA handball but Michael Oliver and Unknown of Stockley Park say's no.

I was looking forward to this match but that joke of a decision has completely turned the game on it's head. As a neutral, City getting an early penalty would have led to an entertaining watch. Not now.

Still waiting for @dr no to explain his earlier post.

Only hope for VAR is that it is seriously reviewed at the end of the season, and basically re-implemented with correct procedures for the start of next.

But this is the FA and the Premier League, so it'll likely only get worse.

I was looking forward to this match but that joke of a decision has completely turned the game on it's head. As a neutral, City getting an early penalty would have led to an entertaining watch. Not now.

I'm not a neutral, I want City to win, but it's been a shambolic first half from a VAR in refereeing point of view. Simply incredible that they can watch that and not give a pen.

It's a shame for Liverpool because they are 2up but all the attention will be on decisions of the Ref and the other bloke .. which is not Liverpool's fault.

It's a shame for Liverpool because they are 2up but all the attention will be on decisions of the Ref and the other bloke .. which is not Liverpool's fault.
Yeah, I'll say a little prayer for them before bed tonight.

He's doing the usual that's done in here and putting all Spurs fans in the same box as Bloodzeed.

But like the Liverpool mafia all being accused of having the same view on everything 👍

If Liverpool come away with three points I doubt they'll care tbh.

He's doing the usual that's done in here and putting all Spurs fans in the same box as Bloodzeed.

But like the Liverpool mafia all being accused of having the same view on everything 👍

I will ask you. If TA-A's hand is not in an unnatural position as deemed by VAR and agreed by the Premier League, did you think it was handball and ergo, a penalty for Man. City?

2 good goals but we haven't really played well at all, City look like they can score on most attacks, need a 3rd massively.

What because I want city to win and var is a joke? 😂

I will ask you. If TA-A's hand is not in an unnatural position as deemed by VAR and agreed by the Premier League, did you think it was handball and ergo, a penalty for Man. City?
I thought it was a penalty and was surprised it wasn't given.

If it was a City player 99% of Liverpool fans in here would have been shouting for a penalty lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom