Premier League 17/18 - Post season chit chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know ........ no chickens counted yet.

Everton away next on the 31st March so a nice break before then.

Win that and the salivating prospect of the home game v United to win the league.

Just watched the full clip (about 13 minutes or so) of the Sky interview with Carragher.

Obviously he made a mistake and you could see in his face the remorse.

I wouldn’t be happy if it happened to me but the perspective seems to have been lost especially when you hear comments from Vinny Jones and Joey Barton condemning Carragher’s actions.

He made a mistake. A big one. He has apologised and like he said, it shouldn’t change his reputation built over 25 years of being in football over a moment of madness.

It also crossed my mind that they didn’t grill Kirsty Gallagher over her drink driving. Three times over the limit in the morning !!

I’m sure he can recover from this and for me, isn’t something he should lose his career and ability to earn a livelihood over.

Didn’t see the United game on Saturday (was in Italy) so can’t comment but, the stats appeared to contradict the scoreline.

City are still on track to secure the title against United...

And Carragher… what the hell was he thinking? I was walking past a newsstand on Sunday and saw an Italian paper with Carragher's spitting mug on the front and a headline – Disgustoso, so I went online and had a look. He is finished with Sky.

I disagree with you on this @Abbeygoo. There is nothing he can do and no explanation he can provide that could justifiably excuse his actions. Spitting is disgusting – period! And spitting at a person is one of the vilest and most offensive forms of insult you can bestow on someone else. He might have apologised and may even mean it but, what use is an apology? He shouldn’t have done it and to be honest, if his first instinctive response to being ribbed is to spit at someone, then that tells you everything you need to know about Carragher the person. I suspect most people would have wound the window down and said F-Off and drove away. To spit at anyone, never mind a fourteen-year-old girl for laughing is beyond reproach.

Sky’s media and PR team will be acutely aware of the intense scrutiny they’re under right now and when his suspension finishes, I just cannot see any other outcome than Carragher’s sacking. It would be extremely irresponsible to allow him to continue because at the end of the day, they have a marquee brand to protect and there is no way on earth they will allow someone who has acted so disgustingly unprofessional to be associated with them. It would be a PR disaster and would send the wrong message to fans – many of whom are their paying customers.

The dad will probably be penalised for videoing whilst driving (which was stupid in itself) but, Carragher is a prize idiot and for that moment of madness, he deserves whatever comes his way.

No. Utd deserved the win. Liverpool didn't have a shot on target in the second half.
Cheers, I've not seen or read anything other than the stats which looked like Liverpool had all the possession and shots. All I've seen are Rashford's goals.

As a United fan you should know better than most that the possession stat is nonsense. We were kings of possession under LVG. But by God we were shit. Liverpool huffed a lot in the second half but didn't create anything. United marshalled them well.

@Apsilon i agree with a lot of what you have written except the conclusion.

What he did was disgusting but when the channel he works for has a convicted drunk driver presenting the news Carragher has appeared on - I find that to be double standards in the extreme.

Personally I think when the fuss has died down he will / could / should be allowed to continue his career. Serving a suspension and coming back is a relevant footballing analogy.

Didn't he get involved with some road rage incident in 2008 ? I know it was a while ago, but it shows he has some previous with this sort of thing.

Yes he did which is why I suspect Sky will send him on an anger management course before he is reinstated.

"Jamie has taken full responsibility for what has happened and we will ensure he gets the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again."

Which is exactly what they were, rumours.

Carragher is a dick no question but I hope GMP trace the driver and throw the book at him for thinking that his 10 minutes of fame on the internet is more important than his kid's safety. I am not a fan of the modern phenomenon of sharing your every movememt on the Internet and this is a classic example of the downsides of social media. Why do people want verification from their so called friends or strangers or even think that people actually give a toss? Idiots. Both of them.

Gtr Manchester Police have apparently said they will be interviewing ALL parties concerned ...

Kane supposedly back in a month according to Spurs.
My money says he will be back in time for Chelsea but what do i know;)

Hi,

Hoping you guys can help. My 10yr old nephew is a massive Liverpool fan and has recently achieved something awesome.

I'd like to take him and his friend to a Liverpool game. But not sure where to look for tickets with not being a member and all.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

I wish Jeff was still on here... :rotfl:

Hi,

Hoping you guys can help. My 10yr old nephew is a massive Liverpool fan and has recently achieved something awesome.

I'd like to take him and his friend to a Liverpool game. But not sure where to look for tickets with not being a member and all.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

If it is like any of the other large PL clubs, anything through official channels will be almost impossible. You can try some twitter liverpool fan sites, where people sell their tickets when they cant go, or sign up to the main Liverpool forums, again look out for people selling their ticket on..

Failing that and it is a bit of a risk, but you could always turn up at a game and seek out the touts, although you will obviously not guarantee where you sit or if you even get a ticket I suppose.

I assume you want to go to a Home game.

If it is like any of the other large PL clubs, anything through official channels will be almost impossible. You can try some twitter liverpool fan sites, where people sell their tickets when they cant go, or sign up to the main Liverpool forums, again look out for people selling their ticket on..

Failing that and it is a bit of a risk, but you could always turn up at a game and seek out the touts, although you will obviously not guarantee where you sit or if you even get a ticket I suppose.

I assume you want to go to a Home game.
Yeah a Home game. I've started following a few of the twitter account. Won't be able to get them through the official site as you need a Liverpool postcode for the general sale tickets.

Yeah a Home game. I've started following a few of the twitter account. Won't be able to get them through the official site as you need a Liverpool postcode for the general sale tickets.

Try stubhub mate.

I couldn’t get any tickets and I lived in the area...but that’s a discussion which has been had on here loads of times.

Try stubhub mate.

I couldn’t get any tickets and I lived in the area...but that’s a discussion which has been had on here loads of times.
I think it will have to be StubHub or similar. It's only a one off so don't mind paying a bit extra to be honest.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom