Premier DC2302 Digital Camera

A colleague has one:

I thought the images were not as sharp as they could be due to limitations of the lens(but I was comparing it to a Coolpix 885).

It gets through batteries fast, so you'll need a couple of sets of decent NiMH batteries & charger.

It cannot count (stores more images on 64Mb card than it indicates on the counter - but this could be a card problem).

As long as you don't expect it to perform like a Canon G3, overall a good camera for the price.

I've had mine for a week now and I'm happy with it. Images are a little soft and there is a slight blue cast on most of the pics I have taken using default settings, but overall quality is exactly what was expected, being half way between my digital camcorder (a JVC 9800 which takes 800k stills) and my wife's Konica 310z.

It has the same casing and specification as a Ricoh 230, I assume there is less stringent quality control to partly explain the difference in price and I wondered whether this was a way of rebranding components such as the optics that failed to reach Ricoh/Konica standards. if so I have been lucky and a good one sneeked through.

Normal caveat about battery life but aa size nimh rechargeables are cheap. I could not find anything to match this for the money.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom