1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premier Assistance

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by dbx, Dec 31, 2004.

1. dbx

dbx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey fellas, how do i actually "edit" video and take out certain parts that i dont like etc. Just editing in general. ty

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Depends on what equipment you have at your disposal.

At its simplest, you make a copy from (say) your camcorder to (say) VHS, and only copy the bits you want to keep.

Or, if you have a DVD recorder with a Hard Disk, you copy from your camcorder onto the hard disk, use the DVD recorder's editing features to cut the bits you don't want and then burn a DVD.

Or you load the whole thing onto your PC's hard disk, then use editing software to do fades, add soundtracks and titles, special effects........... and then burn a DVD.

etc......

What you don't do is take a sharp knife or scissors to your tapes.

3. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    On my copy of premier 6.5, you click on the timeline window at the place you want to make a cut, right click and then choose 'razor at line' or something similar (can't remember exact wording)

This will split your timeline at this point, so you can click one side or other of the razor and delete, drag, move one section. Make more razor cuts to chop into smaller, more manageable portions.

This is a very simple method, I'm sure there are more elegant ways of doing it, but I've never spent the time with Premier to get to know how to use it properly.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Ooops. I see you meant "editing with Adobe Premiere" and not editing in general. Sorry.

5. charlaph

charlaph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I wasn't sure whether there was an 'e' on the end, so I'm just assuming.