Premeire Pro Quesion 2

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Roy Mallard, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been offered some online time on a Premiere Pro suite, does anybody know if Premeire Pro will be able to open my exsisting Premiere v6.01 projects? (saved on a lacie 200gb firewire 7200 etc).

Cheers

Roy :confused:

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Roy, I upgraded to Pro earlier this year from 6.01 - what a shock! Sorry but the book says projects must be from 6.5 or later... Also I have had to completely relearn this software as it's nothing like 6.01, No A-B editing for a start and many other differences to the user interface.
    There are however many extra effects and facilities and I am slowly getting to grips with it. There is also support for Dolby Digital 5.1 six channel sound which was my main reason for 'upgrading' (more like replacing). It is worth the slog to learn the new rev but not to be undertaken lightly and not a task that I've managed to achieve overnight....