• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Premature Bulb breakage.

S

Shadow Jam

Ok this really annoyed me. I must have had my z2 pj for 6 months now. i got it second hand from a member here after he clocked up 500 hours (i know he took good care of it)

I clocked up a further 150 hours, bring it to 650 hours in eco mode, and 1 hour in normal mode.

I decided to give it a quick clean for dust so i carefully took it down and removed the dust filter, gave that a quick clean and put it back up. I was so careful with it...

Starts up, warms up and then 30 seconds after start the image dissapears with a pop sound...

I know some people have had worse experiences but at 300 hours a year (my current rate) usage i wasnt expecting to replace it for some years yet...

Anyone got any ideas why it went besides maybe i was to rough with it? I always let it cool and didnt start it up for short amounts of time ever, nor did i ever run it excessively long...

Anyone know where i can get a cheap bulb? Im half tempted just to get a new pj...

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom