• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Prem Plus + upgrade sub

mose72

Hi all

I have the ms premier plus with the 308 sub, i am looking either to upgrade the sub or get some cantons also with a new sub (cd 50 x 2, cd 360 x 1, cd 10 x 2).
Either way could you offer either pointers for a new sub for the 308 or one for the canton set up?

Many thanks

BRVF

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
For upgrading the existing speakers, the 309 is just the ticket but I would (under duress) suggest that if you have a view to changing to bigger speaker (irrespective of brand) a BK or other large speaker companion sub might be worth a look as well.

mose72

Tons of fun said:
For upgrading the existing speakers, the 309 is just the ticket but I would (under duress) suggest that if you have a view to changing to bigger speaker (irrespective of brand) a BK or other large speaker companion sub might be worth a look as well.

For example?

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
The 309 was designed to be an upgrade for the premiere system and a sub for the 902/4 sized speakers. Our large speaker sub is the 909 which is designed to offer greater low end weight. My point is that if you change to full size front speakers, the 309 is not going to add as much meaningful low end as subs like the BK which (whatever eviljohn says :)) is designed to work with full size speakers rather than sats (although it isn't shabby with them either).

mose72

Right ho, would you consider the Canton set up mentioned above a large speaker set up?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom