Prem Plus HD v Sky Sports Hd

stefan_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently watched the man u game on prem plus hd....is it me or was the HD quality not upto scratch, i found it very average compared to the sheffield game yesterday....im also currently watching the chelsea game and the HD quality of this game is stunning!

Is it me or am i right in what im saying????

Anotherlimey said:
What number is Prem plus HD as i could only find the standard Prem plus ? :confused:

765 SBO.:thumbsup:

not impressed with any SS HD stuff.
BBC set teh standard at the world cup.

I don't think the stadium at Man Utd helps. It doesn't allow much light in and hence makes it difficult to provide good quality pictures during daytime.

I have prem plus season ticket and recorded 756 today it will not play keeps saying recording interrupted. Can you record prem plus games and watch them later ?

I also thought the quality was not up to the usual HD fare :thumbsdow

Hi All

Personally speaking as a Fulham supporter, I now wish I had watched it on ITV rather than in HD, then I would not have seen at all the anialation we recieved:mad: :eek:

John

cricket100 said:
I have prem plus season ticket and recorded 756 today it will not play keeps saying recording interrupted. Can you record prem plus games and watch them later ?

Ihave no problems with mine

cricket100 said:

me too what's that?

So far I have been impressed with Sky's HD football coverage. One small irritation to me is the score graphics which for some inexplicable reason have been increased in size and are still indented from the left hand edge of the picture. If they can manage to place the channel dog at the extreme right hand edge of the HD channels why can't they do the same with the clock and the score. If anything the size should be reduced as its much clearer in HD anyway.

cordwangler said:
So far I have been impressed with Sky's HD football coverage. One small irritation to me is the score graphics which for some inexplicable reason have been increased in size and are still indented from the left hand edge of the picture. If they can manage to place the channel dog at the extreme right hand edge of the HD channels why can't they do the same with the clock and the score. If anything the size should be reduced as its much clearer in HD anyway.
I think the DOG is generated as the channel is played out, whereas the score and other captions are an integral part of the coverage, are generated at the venue, and are common between the SD and HD channels.

The steadicam filming from the side of the pitch in the Man Utd game was standard resolution, not HD. All other cameras were HD, though.

The 'recording interrupted' message might inducate a card pairing issue.

We got this message on screen on our Sky + being used as multiroom when we tried to watch old recordings after the card had been moved and paired to th HD box.

To watch them I had to move the card from the HD box into the Sky + box and they would play. Had to move the card back afterwards but the interrupted message on screen had indicated that the card was not now in the Sky + box that had been in there when the programme had been recorded.

Pity someone cannot think up messages that actually tell you what is going on as this one meant nothing to me at the time either.

Hi all - Question on subscription:

Am I right in thinking that as a Sky Sports and HD and PremPlus season ticket holder I will not be expected to pay agin to watch PremPlus in HD - I notice the games are on Box Office 756 and when I select the channel it checks purchase information? Admittedly the show does not start for another 3 hours.

Surely SKY cannot expect MORE cash for PremPlus in HD can they??? :nono:

Cheers, Mark

ml_jones said:
Hi all - Question on subscription:

Am I right in thinking that as a Sky Sports and HD and PremPlus season ticket holder I will not be expected to pay agin to watch PremPlus in HD - I notice the games are on Box Office 756 and when I select the channel it checks purchase information? Admittedly the show does not start for another 3 hours.

Surely SKY cannot expect MORE cash for PremPlus in HD can they??? :nono:

Cheers, Mark

Not any extra mate don't worry.

No if you have a PREM PLUS season ticket Mark it is free...i don't think even SKY would try that one lol

When you go to that page it should show 00 to pay ,then just press 'select'

Alan

Thanks guys,

Red mist slowly clearling and I can hapily delete that complaints doc!! :D

The current annoyance with Sky's coverage is the use of pitchside SD cameras.

The quality does seem lower on the prem plus game - most notable on the grass. On BBC HD it was crisp and its blothchy on SS HD. Its still vastly better than the SD we have put up with for years !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom