Prem plus back down again !

Iancity

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Need some help here. I wasnt able to get the £50 needed for this years prem plus and missed the'deal' that they had, but had the money when it was on at £80 - so paid them, three weeks ago now. To my utter amazement, it is now back down to £50 -sucker is the word that springs to mind. :mad:
Any advice on how I should go about complaining to Sky, rang them and threatened to cancel etc but all I got was an email address to send my concerns to.
Any advice much appreciated

Thanks, Ian

sucker is the word that springs to mind.
Agreed either way :D Even £50 to watch yet more dire premership matches is the mark of a sucker............ ;)

I've not subscribed this year as I found that I wasn't watching many of these extra games. I probably only watch 50% of the Prem matches on normal Sky Sports now days

Don't think you have any comeback unfortunately. It's similar to buying something in the shops, then finding it cheaper in the sales. Most shops won't give you back the difference, so I guess it's just a lesson to be learned for next year.

Don't think you have any comeback unfortunately.
Nope. If a shop sells an item at full retail then drops it by 20% a week later for example, you have no comeback, and, lets be honest, you wouldn't even think about it. Same for sky.

No way, i would complain, why not, YOU have nothing to lose, and all to gain, as to speak to the manager from customer services, and tell them you find it wrong to put price down by £30, and you would like it at £50.

Tell them they will lose you as a customer very soon, if nothing is done. Or write to customer services manager. Never say die.

Well if you had any comeback, companies would NEVER drop prices !

When you get something at a cheaper price because of a mistake or a promotion, you don't insist on paying the full price to thank the shop do you ?

I always get prem plus after chrsitmas as its only £25.00 plus the footy doesnt really get going untill the new year.

Dal

themoid said:
they do this every year.....
Yep as themoid says they do it every year :rolleyes:

I normally buy the ticket but i'm not going to this year i will just pay for the liverpool games that are on there.

-Jay- said:
Yep as themoid says they do it every year :rolleyes:

I normally buy the ticket but i'm not going to this year i will just pay for the liverpool games that are on there.

Jay thats £7 a pop, could work out dearer, plus you wont get to see Everton and Man u get beat :devil:

av2diefor said:
Jay thats £7 a pop, could work out dearer, plus you wont get to see Everton and Man u get beat :devil:
Yeah i was thinking the same but isn't it £5.99? anyway doe's anyone have a list to what games will be on? that way i can check to see if it will work out costing me more?

-Jay- said:
Yeah i was thinking the same but isn't it £5.99? anyway doe's anyone have a list to what games will be on? that way i can check to see if it will work out costing me more?

that's my plan also. think LFC are on 4/5 times before end of the year. other idea is go down the pub and spend the 6 pounds on a couple or three pints :thumbsup:

Jay.
LFC are on 5 times before the end of the year,also many games get added to the list for free.
It is £7 a game if you are a Sky sports subscriber , £14 if not, and a £1 booking fee over the phone to anyone!

Can you be without it?

The pub or home, its a close call :devil:

Oh what the hell i'll get it for £50 save me the hassle of ordering each game etc :D

well, thanks for all your support and advice :thumbsdow

Email back from sky and they have offered me 2 months half price i.e full £30 back :clap:

Will remember this for next year :)

What annoys me about premplus is the price of the individual matches - my job means that I am going to be moving around a lot this year so there is absolutely no point in taking out the subscription, I would be tempted to purchase the odd match if they were at a reasonable price, but I am not paying £7 for them, no way. How can they justify £7 when a Sky Box Office movie is only £3 (not that I have ever ordered one of those either). £7 is a rip off.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom