1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preliminary Optoma H78DC3 Report

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Zag, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Zag

Zag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
  2. squibbly

squibbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Nice find Zag! Good review as well.

One thing it convinced me of is that the PE7700 is top value for money in the UK market. The H78 shots were better, but I still liked the Benq image a lot! The H78 wasn't £2k better, was it?

Good illustration also of why we lose out here. H78DC3 list price $7k (about £4k: £500 more than a H78DC2 here), but you can get it for $4k (£2250). That's actually a decent price, and I think many people would happily pay that premium for a DC3 with the lens shift abilities. But for £2.5k more than a PE7700? Nahhh!

Squibbly

3. Cinematic

Cinematic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it really Optoma going to bring DC3 to Europe? We're still waiting for H79, which didn't show up over here...Maybe we'll see H78A soon? :)

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,097
    I have asked this already but as Optoma US and Optoma Europe are seperate companies, it's unlikely either will come here at the moment. I'm sure some of the dealers will get emailed by Optoma as soon as any news of new products is known though.

Gary.

5. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    Makes very interesting reading, if we had the US prices then i would have a H78DC3 on order now, although i did say i can wait a few months with it being summer. At UK prices though i am with Squibbly.