Prelim Checks on SD210E - no thanks or go for it anyway????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by samhassall, May 11, 2001.

1. samhassall

samhassall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if I want an SD210 now if I need to do prelim checks on RCE discs. Should I go for something else instead? Panny RV20, Sharp DV700 or Sony 336 for example?

Techtronics say that the 210 "may" need prelim checks. Does this mean that I will have to do an R1 swap everytime?

I have heard that the JVC 521 plays RCE discs without a problem, when Techtronics say this players needs prelim checks.

I am really confused now.

Somebody help! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I spoke to Techtronics yesterday. Due to complications, the new Toshiba 210E will only be Auto Switching, but they have enabled it to play RCE when you insert a normal disc in first.

IMO - Do not buy the machine. My current Pioneer 626D has to do this method and its really annoying everytime you wanna sit down and watcha film. I was planning to buy the Toshiba 510E in August, but since it might have this RCE swap thing, i aint gonna bother. Maybe they'll have a even newer mod then.

I can tell you now that all new Warner and Columbia/Tristar will be RCE. Bah, i hate these companies.