1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

preffered version of kill bill vol 1.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by 7 of 9, Sep 16, 2004.

1. 7 of 9

7 of 9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    what is the preffered version of kill bill vol 1. the cut version or the japan r2 uncut version?

and is it true the region 2 japan version is sharper and has more detail than any other version as this is what they say on dvd debate at www.dvddebate.com and dvd times at www.dvdtimes.com.

and does the subtitles issue on the jap verion annoying?

thanx from 7 of 9.

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I've got the region 3 version of Kill Bill which seems to miss out on subtitles at various points in the film, meaning that I am unable to understand chunks of dialogue. My brother had seen the film at the cinema and reckons there should be subtitles when she fights the female charecter in the snow!?

3. Tafsir

Tafsir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    i dont no what version i have , but i got the one where the fight scence near the end of the film is in COLOUR ( where is pulls the guys eye out) is in colour on mine

4. cityonfire

cityonfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes the jap version has better picture quality than the R1. I own both and an example is, just before the big fight scene you follow some guys into the place and the red wall they walk towards is alot sharper on the Jap versions as it does not break up. But to be honest unless you own both versions it is hard to tell.

5. sk4nky

sk4nky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'll take the r2 jap, despite subs not auto appearing for the foreign bits. the house of blue leaves in colour totally makes up for that..

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most Miramax releases tend to suffer from softness as they filter the detail out ( something Columbia used to do a lot with their early releases ) i'll probably buy this with part 2 from Japan simply because the picture quality will be much better than the Region 1 or UK editions. ( or am i wrong ? )

7. sk4nky

sk4nky
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ended going with r2 jap for vol1 and the same for vol, just so it would look right on display.

uma's pose on the uk release looks horrible, much prefer the selection they have on r2 jap/r3 korean (http://www.dvdtitle.co.kr/image/specialimg/19896.jpg) --specifically the full body shot with sword held behind back and the closeup of sword held behind back.

8. 7 of 9

7 of 9
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok i now no that the picture is defanatly better on the jap region 2 version but is the kill bill vol 1 better cut or uncut as a film

thanks from 7 of 9

9. magicmushrooms

magicmushrooms

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's definitely better uncut and in full colour!

I watched the Japanese version for the first time on Saturday night and I found the extortionate prices for the Japanese version is worth every penny. Unfortunately there is no automatic subtitles, so you have to turn them on and off but other than that , it's great. :thumbsup: