Preferred Soundbar Connections

mjhickey

Standard Member
I have a LG 49SJ810V tv and a Samsung HW-MS550 Soundbar, 3 ways to connect, HDMI ARC/ OPTICAL CABLE/WIRELESS, which is the preferred option for sound, and if any, why ?, also connected is a SKY Box and DVD Player

Thanks

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The Soundbar Wireless connectivity to a TV is only an option with certain Samsung TV's.

With only a single HDMI Input plus the ARC Output on the Soundbar you don't have too many options in terms of a Source direct to the Soundbar.

As you have the kit the best option is to try out the Options - for simplicity you may end up with the Sources Connected to the TV then ARC or Optical between the TV and Soundbar.

ARC requires you to enable CEC so whilst it can be the most convenient option in terms of control it can also be a hassle if you have CEC issues - which then means Optical is your best option.

Joe

Aryn86

Just stick with an optical cable from your soundbar to your TV, HDMI ARC can be a headache sometimes (more than sometimes!)

mjhickey

Standard Member
Thanks for replies, after reading I will stick with the optical connection which works ok, the tv settings menu needs a bit of understanding for a non techie like me I just try the obvious options until the result is ok.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom