• Yes

Votes: 21 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

Gary D

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the May 19th release date get closer, the details about Episode 3 are starting to appear (the opening "crawl" is up on starwars.com) and it sounds fab

so i was wondering what people think? do you think EP3 will be a stinker or a killer third movie.

For the record i've bet a mate a tenner that it will be a top movie and worthy of the star wars name.

Gary

I have a good idea of what happens in the film, due to reading numerous spoilers, and everything I have seen so far suggests this is gonna be an awesome movie.

However, it will be far darker than the other films, and it will more than likely gain a 12A/PG-13 certificate, which could alienate part of its fan base.

Does 'any good' mean in reference to the original trilogy or the two prequals?

I think it will be better than Eps 1 and 2, but worse than 4, 5 and 6 (though 6 was the worst of the original trilogy IMHO).

Gary.

I really hope Ep. III is good,but as to whether it will be then that's a different
matter.

Personally I think it will be a let down as any of us who are fans of the star wars
films,geeks or casual, tend to build them up and have expectations that are probably far too high.

Red1

I'm not holding out too much hope, after getting hyped up I felt really disappointed watching Eps 1 & 2.
Episode 1 was IMHO a disgrace to the Star Wars name (couldn't believe what I was watching), and Ep 2 marginally better.
I really wish Lucas had left them alone because without all the CGI and ILM creations, he produced the best of the lot in Star Wars and Empire. ROTJ was the weakest but still beats 1 & 2 hands down.

I dont know, but I think its a mistake to go back to series after a long period of time (ala Godfather 3, Terminator 3 etc).

Christian Hayden and Portman are good, but McGregor is woefully miscast (again in my opinion). Sorry folks

I don't think I can dissagree with anything you said to be honest.

There's none of the original atmosphere of the original trilogy (more so SW and Empire), and it doesn't 'feel' like SW should (IMHO). Despite the newer CGI, I still find the original special effects more entralling. Maybe because the story has made you care?

I loved the trailer for Ep 3, but I think it was because of the prescence of Alec Guiness doing the Obi Wan monologue to set the scene. That actualy had the hairs standing up on the back of my neck. :)

I also have issues with Haydensons acting, and Ewan just isn't ObiWan for me. Ewan seems to get a lot of work these days, but I honestly don't know why.

Gary.

Yes, Ep 1 and 2 just don't have a Guiness or a Ford who lets face it were absolutely immense. The prequels were bland and I think you hit the nail on the head when you say that the newer films just dont feel 'Star Wars.
Maybe I'm getting old (33) :suicide: and the kids probably love it, but no amount of nostalgic music or voice overs fool me.
I really do hope that I'm wrong about Ep 3 though. I'll happily eat my words if Lucas pulls this one out the bag

It might be an age thing - I wonder how the teenagers feel about the Original Trilogy after having only seen Eps 1 and 2? Do they prefer the newer movies or do the originals still have that something special I wonder?

I'm hoping to be wrong as I really want to enjoy this movie.

Gary,

edinburgh160 said:
Christian Hayden and Portman are good, but McGregor is woefully miscast (again in my opinion). Sorry folks

Really? I'm surprised to hear that.

I thought he was was the most inspired piece of casting in the prequels. His impersonation, in terms of looks and mannerisms, of Alec Guinness is almost flawless in my opinion.

But everyone has their own opinion, I guess. ;)

I'm gonna see EP 3 out of curiousity like most I suppose when it's released, but I won't get my hopes up.

Ep 1 and 2 were absolute dung and as people have mentioned had little correlation with the original trilogy in terms of story, visuals and characters.

With a bit of luck with EP 3 Lucas will have caught himself on and gave us something (ie. return of Vader and the Emperor) with a 'real' not psuedo Star Wars feel.

Fingers crossed!

Garyd said:
As the May 19th release date get closer, the details about Episode 3 are starting to appear (the opening "crawl" is up on starwars.com) and it sounds fab

so i was wondering what people think? do you think EP3 will be a stinker or a killer third movie.

For the record i've bet a mate a tenner that it will be a top movie and worthy of the star wars name.

Gary

from my perspective and I think it's going to be good movie, not great. I also have a feeling that from the standpoint of a hardcore Star Wars fan I think this is going to be fantastic, comparable to Empire.

lurker75 said:
from my perspective and I think it's going to be good movie, not great. I also have a feeling that from the standpoint of a hardcore Star Wars fan I think this is going to be fantastic, comparable to Empire.

fingers crossed. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom