Predictions for tomorrow's Champions League Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

gosties

I think it could be an interesting game. Two great teams against one another. I think both teams have similar quality attacks, Barcelona have the edge in midfield but Utd have the superior defence.

I just hope it is not another cagey contest.

I think it's too close too call.

Wild Weasel

Distinguished Member
I've a feeling Barcelona are going to overrun Man U.

Could be wrong though. ;)

ed_mcl

Banned
I'm going for a 2-1 to Man U. I think with Barcelona's suspensions and doubts over the fitness of Henry and Iniesta, along with Marquez being out as well it might be a tall order to overcome Man U.

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
I think it all depends which Utd defence turn up. Generally they've been great this year but it seems like when they do make mistakes they come in bundles. Had Porto not stuck 2 past them at OT i'd have said Man U were definite favourites but atm i'm not so sure. They'll certainly miss Fletcher though.

I'll go for a 3-2 Barca win, with both defences making mistakes.

RMCF

Distinguished Member
I'm going to go for a 2-1 win to Utd.

I think the fact that Barca have only 1 first choice defender (Pique) playing will hurt them (guessing it will be Puyol RB - a disaster and will be ripped to bits of they go at him, Silvinho LB, Toure CB).

Barca win midfield hands down, but I think Utds defence is excellent and may well snuff out Barca's attack.

Let's hope its a great game of football, so it will rub it up the likes of Chelsea and Inter to show the world that attacking football can win things.

jayden28

I think man utd by a couple of goals(3-1 or 2-0),barcelonas defence will be there downfall.

Miyazaki

Distinguished Member
I want Barca to win, but I reckon Man U will put on a technical, tactical masterclass and shut Barca down and win 1-0.

loz_the_guru

I had a dream that it finished 7-4 barca, so ill go with that. Kieta scored from the halfway line in the dying seconds....

Scholes18

United 2-1

Both teams are great going forward , barca maybe shade the nidfield but we've got a better defence.

Should be a good game but if it isnt then i wont mind as long as we win.

Will be a deserved winner whoever it is. If its Barca the so be it.

Dont think there will be much in it,Barca to win by the odd goal,hope it's a high scoring match though :thumbsup:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I predict Man U to win. If the previous games are anything to go by, Barcelona scraped through to the final by the skin of their teeth whereas Man U eased through.

But finals don't really pay attention to previous form, results etc. It's whoever performs best on the night. I'd go for 3-1 Man U.

danuk

I expect the game to finish with possession stats about 60-40 in Barca's favour but with their fragile defence and the pace at which we counter attack i see us winning it.

3-1 United :smashin:

sdb123

Distinguished Member
2-0 to Utd.

Barelona's attacking game relies heavily on their two (1st choice) full-backs bombing on and giving Messi and co. licence to roam....I think Barca will really suffer not having Alves and Abidal and can't see them penetrating Utd's defence too many times.

As above, Puyol will be ripped to bits by the pace of Utd. I predict he'll be sent off too. :)

Dony

Distinguished Member
Utd are too strong for Barca and if they don't defend properly I can see Utd winning by a couple in a high scoring game (3-1, 4-2).

If it's tight, Barca could nick it 1-0.

I want Barca to win, with Messi giving a big performance.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I hope it's a high scoring game too.

I'll go for 2-2 with United winning 3-2 in extra time:D

Filipino

I hope Man Utd enjoy their 25% possession :), Xavi and Iniesta are going to boss the midfield and with the holy trinity up front, BARCA ALL THE WAY!

danuk

I hope Barcelona enjoy their 75% possession :), Ferdinand and Vidic are going to boss the defence and with the holy trinity up front, UNITED ALL THE WAY!

Fixed It For Ya :smashin:

Last edited:

kopchoir

Banned
BARCELONA:lease::lease::lease::lease::lease: :devil:

kopchoir

Banned
:thumbsdow

Everton saturday? :thumbsup:

Hope so would be good if they won a trophy, especially for the fans and as the everton manager is pretty good especially with the financial restraints he has.

So im hoping for a victory for football and everton win :smashin:

danuk

Good shout that. It most definitely would be deserved. What Moyes has done there with the limited funds available is pretty special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 5th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
AVForums Movies Podcast: 4th May 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Creative launches Dolby Atmos SXFI Carrier soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Marvel trailer reveals cinema release dates into 2023