Predictions / Expectations for the PL 2021/2022 season

Rustybin

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
There was a similar one last year which was good to look back on.

My prediction is:

1. City (Manchester)
2. Utd (Manchester)
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

I think 1-3 will be tighter that last season.

A good season for Utd would be closing the gap on City (or whoever is in first) and going deep in all competitions.

A great season would be PL Champions / silverware elsewhere.

A poor season would be dropping out of the top 4 and no silverware.

There was a similar one last year which was good to look back on.

My prediction is:

1. City (Manchester)
2. Utd (Manchester)
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

I think 1-3 will be tighter that last season.

A good season for Utd would be closing the gap on City (or whoever is in first) and going deep in all competitions.

A great season would be PL Champions / silverware elsewhere.

A poor season would be dropping out of the top 4 and no silverware.
I'm going the same as you except for Chelsea to finish 2nd and United 3rd.

I'll go out on a limb and say United will win some silverware. Probably the Europa though 🤣

PSG will finally win the CL.

1. Chelsea
2. Man City
3. Liverpool
4. Man Utd

If City get Kane then swap them with Chelsea.
I think all 4 will be close points wise and anyone of the top 3 could win the league.

Liverpool
City
Chelsea
United

I try not to predict positions, as anything can happen, so just backing my own team naturally.

I am surprised how everyone is putting us as underdogs though long may that continue. We have a better squad with world class players than people give us credit for imo, Konate also looks a good addition (plus I think we will bring at least one more player in, once Shaqiri has gone etc)

Salah and Mane in-particular look sharp and fresh, after a long break and Klopp looks more energised after last season.
Yep fancy us to do well.

Liverpool
City
Chelsea
United

I try not to predict positions, as anything can happen, so just backing my own team naturally.

I am surprised how everyone is putting us as underdogs though long may that continue. We have a better squad with world class players than people give us credit for imo, Konate also looks a good addition (plus I think we will bring at least one more player in, once Shaqiri has gone etc)

Salah and Mane in-particular look sharp and fresh, after a long break and Klopp looks more energised after last season.
Yep fancy us to do well.

you were underdogs for 30 years tbf

1. United
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool

1. United
2. City
3. Chelsea
4. Liverpool
I think Utd have got it in them. But I'd be no more surprised to see them finish 5th as 1st. Lots of quality, hopefully all the pieces fit together like they did for Liverpool the other year.

So were United for 26 years and 41 years.

Liverpool top.
Nothing else matters allegedly 👍
So you think Liverpool will win the league? Bold prediction.

What would be a good / bad season for Liverpool? Presuming that a great season would be winning the league.

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Utd
4. Leicester

With or without Kane, I think Spurs will struggle to keep up with the top 4 or 5 as our squad currently stands. 5th is probably best we can hope for.

Brentford, Newcastle and West Ham to be relegated. :D

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Liverpool
.Big points gap
5. Leicester City
6. Aston Villa
7. Arsenal
8. West Ham
9. Tottenham Hotspur
10. Leeds United
11. Everton
12. Newcastle United
13. Wolverhampton Wanderers
14. Norwich City
15. Burnley
16. Crystal Palace
17. Brighton
18. Watford
19. Southampton
20. Brentford

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Utd
4. Leicester

With or without Kane, I think Spurs will struggle to keep up with the top 4 or 5 as our squad currently stands. 5th is probably best we can hope for.

Brentford, Newcastle and West Ham to be relegated. :D
Typo there isn't it Liverpool instead of Leicester you mean, both L's easy mistake to make. :D
I mean it's not like this is Leicester who were cruising top 4 for the past 2 seasons and blew it.

Brentford, Newcastle and West Ham to be relegated.

Brentford? Thats a bit harsh as they've got nothing to lose and so said they'll be going for it. Newcastle going down has been on the cards for years but never happened. As for West Ham that would be a financial disaster.

Top four as last year. Much closer with regard to points victory margin. On paper it's Man City's to lose but the game is played on grass. Utd have got the squad to win it but not a manager in the face of Pep, Klopp and Tuchel. Chelsea have spent like crazy but look little unbalanced with lots of attacking but fewer options in the defending half of squad.

My lot - Liverpool appear to be fixed injury to Robbo notwithstanding. They've looked very sharp in preseason with everyone involved fitting the template smoothly. Elliott has really benifitted from his loan season. Even Minamino seems more confident. Konate looks ready and I suspect 1 very late signing from overseas if Shaqiri leaves.

Going down Norwich, Brentford, and one of the dull makeweights like Palace or Newcastle.

Last edited:
Typo there isn't it Liverpool instead of Leicester you mean, both L's easy mistake to make. :D
I mean it's not like this is Leicester who were cruising top 4 for the past 2 seasons and blew it.
There's always a surprise and Leicester have been consistent the last 2 seasons whereas Liverpool haven't been. If someone is to drop out of the top 4 I think it will be your team unless you add a couple more quality additions to your squad.

Now go off and question everyone else's predictions :D

There's always a surprise and Leicester have been consistent the last 2 seasons whereas Liverpool haven't been. If someone is to drop out of the top 4 I think it will be your team unless you add a couple more quality additions to your squad.

Now go off and question everyone else's predictions :D
We won the league and finished 3rd within the last 2 seasons, not sure if that's consistent enough though lol

We won the league within the last 2 seasons, not sure if that's consistent enough though lol
I was being diplomatic in my wording.....but since you brought it up again, you dropped like a stone last season from the time you won the league. Even before clinching the title your form dropped off. Who's to say that form won't continue.

I was being diplomatic in my wording.....but since you brought it up again, you dropped like a stone last season from the time you won the league. Even before clinching the title your form dropped off. Who's to say that form won't continue.
We finished 3rd with big injuries all season.

We won the league within the last 2 seasons, not sure if that's consistent enough though lol
Look at it objectively.

Utd's signings should = a lot more points than last season.

City = signing vs who they've lost and it is currently relatively even.

Do you really think Liverpool's injured few players coming back will make THAT much of a difference? What if someone else gets injured? The 18 months of Liverpool being brilliant was the exception rather than the norm.

We finished 3rd with big injuries all season.
You'd pretty much a full team in the final third of your title winning season when your form dropped. What's your excuse for that?

Anyway, it's a prediction thread, not a sentencing. Don't take it to heart.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom