13. Wolverhampton Wanderers
14. Norwich City
15. Burnley
16. Crystal Palace
17. Brighton
18. Watford
19. Southampton
20. Brentford
As a Liverpool fan I find it hard to disagree with any of the above.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
City's first priority is always the league so will be focused on that. Hope we can make it 4 out of 5 titles for Pep!

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Manchester United
4. Liverpool

Not too much difference from anyone else's top 4. Hope we can add some silverware in the cup competitions (always a bit of a lottery) and a visit to the final of the CL again would be nice.

The main aim of this season though is a return to normality, travelling up and down the country, enjoying the games with my boy and annoying my wife with the never ending talk about football, trips and so on.

The beautiful game.

City's main priority should be winning champions league. Until that happens they are just domestic winners.

Liverpool won the title before lockdown. When the league resumed there was very little to play for. Of the 9 games in that mini season they won 5 drew 2 and lost 2. Hardly a collapse of epic proportions.

Last season was what it was. Title winning till Xmas, relegation form until mid March and title winning till mid May. Just a pity about the bit in the middle. Nothing in preseason suggests they can't carry on where they left off.

Well they're wrong at this stage of "the project".

At the highest level you want to beat the best not Norwich or Southampton. Until they win big ears they are just another wealthy football club like curent itteration of PSG. Lots of gongs no glamour.

faiz0

Distinguished Member
A bit sad/predictable that just about everyone has gone with the same top 4.

I can’t make a case for any of those teams dropping out of the CL places. Leicester obviously would be the main candidates to break in to the top 4, and i guess Spurs could if Kane stays and Nuno has an instant galvanizing impact.

As for the winners - Chelsea.

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
A bit sad/predictable that just about everyone has gone with the same top 4.

I can’t make a case for any of those teams dropping out of the CL places. Leicester obviously would be the main candidates to break in to the top 4, and i guess Spurs could if Kane stays and Nuno has an instant galvanizing impact.

As for the winners - Chelsea.
I agree - a sign of the times though mate. :(

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Well they're wrong at this stage of "the project".

At the highest level you want to beat the best not Norwich or Southampton. Until they win big ears they are just another wealthy football club like curent itteration of PSG. Lots of gongs no glamour.
That’s what they’ve said since the beginning. Like it or not, the league is the true test of form over 9 months here there and everywhere. In the CL we won 11, drew 1 and lost 1. That’s why the league is always the priority as anything can happen in one moment to change the course of a cup

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
There's a big gulf in quality from 5th down, shown by how Liverpool completely imploded / dropped like a stone and finished 3rd.
Recovered in just enough time though to finish in a CL place. At one point with about 4/5 games to go, last season, you boys were well out of it. Great turnaround after what must be considered an offseason.

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
in the 80s the league was even more predictable than now, Liverpool won it what 7 or 8 times
Great achievement at that time in the game's history. Pre- .... You know whats coming next
:D

I also always admired Ferguson's early achievements with what he did with the youth at Manchester Utd. Very commendable and showed great management of players.

VisionMan

Distinguished Member
I also always admired Ferguson's early achievements with what he did with the youth at Manchester Utd. Very commendable and showed great management of players.

"Ya canna win the League with kids!" A quote from Alan Hanson on Match of the Day. A great line that he be will remembered for forever. Then what did Man Utd do with kids? Win the League.

IL Cattivo

Distinguished Member
"Ya canna win the League with kids!" A quote from Alan Hanson on Match of the Day. A great line that he be will remembered for forever. Then what did Man Utd do with kids? Win the League.
IMPO, Still the greatest achievement in the PL to date what he did during that period.

87gpk

Already did this in another thread so be a bit sneaky to change it now.

1st Chelsea
2nd Man Utd
3rd Liverpool
4th Man City
5th Leicester
6th Arsenal
7th Aston Villa
8th West Ham
9th Tottenham
10th Leeds
11th Everton
12th Newcastle
13th Wolves
14th Southampton
15th Brentford
16th Crystal Palace
17th Norwich
18th Brighton
19th Burnley
20th Watford

87gpk

@87gpk interested to know why you think City will go from 1st to 4th ?
I don’t as such, just thought I’d make a bold prediction different from the norm with City most peoples picks. Do think it could be a 4 way title race though, maybe just maybe if the points are that close, the top 4 could be in any order.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Apple launches third generation AirPods with spatial audio
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for November 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PrimaLuna debuts Evo 300 Hybrid integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Astell&Kern announces AK ZERO1 in ear monitor