Predicament - Loyalty Card Stamp Won't dry... Any ideas?

hodgey66

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I thought I had ordered Matt business/loyalty cards but they appear to have a slight gloss finish to them, therefore, the loyalty stamp will not dry at all.

Ive had a google and all I have found is someone asking how to stop wedding invitations from smudging, and the answer was hair spray, would this work in my case?

Just wondering if anyone has any tips to make it dry quicker? I am reluctant to just use a signature with a pen as obviously this can just be copied and free coffees will be requested left, right and center!!!!

Thanks all
Tj

Try the card supplier, they might re make them for you in a better material

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
How many did you order?
it is the suppliers error as i stated Matt but ive paid £40 for them, they look brilliant apart from the smudging stamp so if the fix costs me a fiver/tenner then id rather that then put him out of pocket.

has anyone any experience with the hairspray idea i saw on google?
thanks for the replies so far

I'd ask him to reprint. 2000 isn't a massive quantity really as they'll probably have been ganged up to fit many on a sheet. The bulk of the costs would have been in his setup so a reprint won't cost him the earth. He may even be able to run them with another job so he can offset the reprint cost against that job anyway.

It's hard to say without seeing one in the flesh but I would guess they haven't been printed wrong, a Matt board will have a slight sheen, for want of a better word, to it. Did it say when you ordered them if they were laminated? If yes and you picked the Matt laminated option then a rubber stamp wouldn't work, unless there is a rubber stamp available specifically for stamping onto plastic.

Even a Matt board, not laminated, would struggle to accept a rubber stamp without it smudging over time, you could get some small sticky labels printed instead of using a stamp maybe.

The ideal material for you to have them printed on is an uncoated board/pulpboard as, and again I'm guessing, the 2 options you may of been offered of Gloss or Matt will both give you a finish that a rubber stamp would struggle with.

If you want to use a rubber stamp on them use an uncoated/offset material and you'll be fine. Did the printer know you wanted to stamp them?

The bulk of the costs would have been in his setup so a reprint won't cost him the earth.
Depends on a few factors, but it could quite easily cost the printer exactly the same as it did first time around.

Other hole punches are available :)

So are other printers :laugh:

That was the first one on the google results, it was just to give the idea, not the final price.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom