Quantcast

Predators 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Andy3105

Anybody have playback issues with this disc on Xbox One....????

At the point where Noland reveals himself and up to when they enter his hideout the picture breaks up and stutters badly, once inside it stops and is fine for the rest of the film.

I've watched Predator and Predator 2 and neither exhibited any issues whatsoever.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Good review Simon but I totally disagree about this one being better than Predator 2. This one is easily the weakest of the 3 for me but it will be interesting to see it again.

Evinger

Thanks for the Review Simon.
Hmmm. The first Predator was so dead on, don't know if I will enjoy this. On my "rental" list!

Andy3105

Good review Simon but I totally disagree about this one being better than Predator 2. This one is easily the weakest of the 3 for me but it will be interesting to see it again.
It's definitely not better than 2 and is really the weakest of the three films but it's far from being bad.

For me there are too many heavy handed similarities to the original and I'm also not overly keen on the designs of the 3 main Predators.

encaser

An OK film with some good set pieces, some bad and then there's the miscast Brody and wasted Laurence Fishbourne - the latter I'd of preferred in Brody's role to add gravitas.
I won't bother with this disc, as it simply doesn't warrant the need or deserve alignment with one or two to me. It is more of a stand alone oddity like a Star Wars story film of late - and no, I'm not being drawn into which.

Marv

As sequels to 20 year old films go Predators is pretty decent. Brody is hard to buy as a tough guy who can go one on one with a Predator and the mini gun the stocky guy carrys is far to light and always anoys me.

El_MUERkO

I really enjoyed Predators and would have loved a sequel. Will pick up the UHD Blu-Ray soon. Thanks for the review.