• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Predator - Which Version?

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I have Predator 2 Disc SE Region 2 with DTS and find the sound mix a bit flat on the DTS track.

Does the Region 2 Japanese Ultimate Edition have a better soundtrack i.e: Full bitrate DTS ?

Or is there no difference and i should stick with my R2 SE...

Thanks

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Thanks Marv!

richard.hewett

Standard Member
Years ago I heard a rumour (from a not very reliable source I must admit) that there was some unseen footage from the original Predator movie, that showed such scenes as the predator landing on earth, the ambush of Jim Hopper and his men, a 2nd encampment that Dutch and his men attacked and an entirely different ending.

Has anyone else heard of this ? Or was my source the original IBM (Incredible Bullsh*tting Man) ?

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Probably the latter as i've never heard of such.... But i could well be wrong! :)

Racquel Darrian

Distinguished Member
Don't bother as the DTS track is awful.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
which is better dolby or dts?

also has the picture been re-mastered on both?

thanks

Deeez Nuuutz

Distinguished Member
Originally Posted by Racqual Darrian
Don't bother as the DTS track is awful.

Which is my point exactly, but it seems there is no version of this film that has a worthy DTS soundtrack...

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
paulst10 said:
which is better dolby or dts?

also has the picture been re-mastered on both?

thanks
Depends which version you are getting because if it includes the newer release of Predator 2 then it should have a better transfer.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom