1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PREDATOR UNCUT

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by TJSMANGINA, Jun 18, 2001.

1. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i remember hearing that there is an uncut dvd of predator in which the scene where billy an the predator have a hand to hand fight.does anyone know if this is true.if i remember right it was a fella who wrote in to hcc themselves in the q an a section of the mag.he said he had seen this uncut version but could not find it on r1 or r2 dvd.please help anyone

2. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Dunno about an Uncut version, but what's the R2 release of Predator (out today) like?

3. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not sure mate i was gonna get it but if i find out there is an uncut i aint gonna be happy lol

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neither R1 (DD or Dts) or region 2 versions of Predator contain any scenes that have not been transmitted on terrestrial T.V here, however, www.movietyme.com
    claim their French R2 version of Predator 2 to be "uncut". I am unaware of what scenes this is supposed to include however.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The scene you refer to was titled "Billy's Last Stand" on an old Laser Disc I once saw and indeed has Billy and our Head Hunting buddy having a short fight ending in Billy getting brained and filleted in a very, very nasty manner.

I have only seen this scene twice, once at the cinema in 1987 and once on Laser Disc. I have never seen it on any VHS release nor on any braodcast version. I here that the scene does not appear in the R1 version so that it could be rated R instead of NC17, but I may the wrong.

Lets hope it makes into the R2 version. Someone must have got it by now!

Meat

6. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,613
    What exactly happened in the scene?

7. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Billy pooped his pants and fell off the log onto some spikes below.
    :D

/maybe not. :p

8. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Billy being wellard, cuts himself across the chest but by the time the Predator reaches him he'd already bled to death. :rolleyes:

[ 18-06-2001: Message edited by: BadAss ]

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  10. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Yep, once again, we get the lovely edited version of Predator, and bugger-all in the way of Extras.

Thanks Fox! You really know how to screw things up!

Get the uncut, DD5.1 Region 1 disc instead!

Pooch

11. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Thanks for the warning Pooch.

Almost bought the boxset today from HMV. Actually had my hand on it ready to take to till when a voice in my head said "Wait for the feedback, wait for the feedback".

Now that I have, I'm not gonna buy it.

12. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks meat i wasnt sure i must admit lol.what a shame its not in the dvd versions.an i know for a fact its not in the r2 version an probably neither the r1 version.if anyone knows different let me know.by the way is the r1 version any different apart from dts

13. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe i should read the advice before askin questions that have been already answered :) lol thanks everyone for the help

14. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    So which is the best version of PREDATOR 2??

I understand the R2 version is only available in the boxset and I already own the R1 DTS Predator so which is it - R1 or European?

Cheers

15. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Just thought i'd throw my two cents into the mix,

I've got the Pal laserdisc of Predator 1 (& 2) and it is the same cut as the old video i used to have. And both of those were the same as the R1 disc that a friend of mine has. So i fail to see that the UK Predator is cut. The missing scene (Billy's death) must simply be a deleted scene which, because they hate us, Fox has refused to put on any version of the film other then that mentioned above. I might be wrong.

I think the film works with how Billy dies. The way you see the Predator approach from his POV and the cut to Arnie with Billy's scream echoing through the forrest, although don't get me wrong - i love as much extra stuff as the next filmaholic.

I don't know of any differences with Predator 2 (a very worthy sequel, no?) as i've only had the uk vid and laserdisc and for some reason it still hasn't been released on R1.

16. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A little clarification may be needed.

The UK region 2 version of "Predator" is apparently cut. Not by the BBFC but due to Fox submitting a Portugese or German TV print.

Check this website for details of whats missing: http://www.ukdvdcuts.co.uk/

The Region 1 version is the standard "R" cinema print. It is both Dolby 5.1 & DTS encoded. There are no deleted scenes or significant extras.

17. TJSMANGINA

TJSMANGINA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    for the sake that is all good an holly stop my head is about to explode lol.i dont think i have joined a bulletin board which has so much great feedback.superb work fellas it looks like the region 1 version for me,predator 2 is cr.ap anyway lol

18. Dave H

Dave H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I quite like Predator 2, the tube way shootout is brilliant.

19. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I do like all our concern that we seem to have misse out on a bit of slaughter and blood. :D
    I have never seen that scene, so thankfully I don't know what I'm missing.

20. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Once again i'd like to say that Predator 2 IS a great sequel. :p

I agree that the subway sequence is one of the best scenes in the movie. And that great line "So, who's next?" among the other great lines.

Cool stuff.

21. Silver

Silver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the region 1 version of predator and it does contain the fight scene and subsequent filleting of billy

22. IanScovell

IanScovell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WHERE DID YOU GET THE VERSION OF PREDATOR TOTALLY UNCUT WITH BILLY GETTING IT????

PLEASE TELL ME & I'LL HAVE YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!

23. Dirk 2

Dirk 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have got a region 1 copy of "Predator" (both 5.1 & dts) from the US released about 20 months ago and it does not have the alledged "billy filleting" scene.

Just a standard "R" rated cinema version.

Is this a Japanese version?

24. monkeyd

monkeyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, let me just iron this all out once and for all.

I have the DTS R1 Pred1 DVD.

It is the most complete cut I know of, and it differs from any other version I've ever seen because it includes:
    Dillon's arm falling to ground
    Dillon being spiked in the chest and lifted off the ground by the cloaked predator.
    Mac telling Dillon to shut up otherwise he'll "bleed him" - just after the bit where dillon falls on a log.
    All the "stick around" stuff is in.
    This Billy fight people are talking about, is NOT in any version I know of or have ever seen.
    In the R1 dvd version, you simply hear the scream, and later you see the predator with billy's body in the treetops, he pulls billys spine and skull out and holds them aloft whilst booting his body from the tree.

Basically all the bits I described are NOT in the Region 2 version.

I had always watched cut versions of predator, so when I finally watched this "uncut" version I had spontaneous multiple orgasms due to seeing new parts of a very dear film....damn the censors.

If this billy fight exists, well goddamnit, I must see it. Can anyone come up with a concrete version that has it in? If so you are in my debt.

So to sum up: DO NOT BUY REGION 2 VERSION it is horribly maimed. afaik the R1 DTS is the most complete.

I say we all petition FOX to release deleted scenes.

Thanks, hope this helps!
    Alex

25. monkeyd

monkeyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and I forgot another scene that has been cut:

A low angle shot after mac is dead, shows pred standing over him, and blood dripping from his head.

Also I'm willing to bet trims have been made to blain's death and the skinned corpses.

Anyone ever notice that when blain is shot you see a hole in his chest approx 1 ft by .5 ft. When his body is examined letter his entire chest cavity is open....is this a continuity error suggesting deleted material inbetween, either originally cut or maybe recently.

Alex

26. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +955
    All those bits you listed (except the obvious Billy fillet bit) were in the UK cinema release of Predator and they're all in the UK widescreen vhs I've got aswell. It seems the "Ultimate format" doesn't get the complete version of the film in the UK. Bummer. Until I get The R1 disc I think I'll stick with my vhs.
    It seems so bizarre that Fox should choose to release what equates to a TV Version on DVD here in the UK.

[ 27-06-2001: Message edited by: Rambo John J ]

27. Blade

Blade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To answer something that wasn't covered the best version to-date of Predator 2 is the nice and cheap R4.

28. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to live in Hong Kong until about 4 years ago and I rented a lazer disc from a video rental store. That is the version of the film that I refer to in my original post.

It was NTSC, yet not American, and most definately had our mate Pred' ripping out Billy spine, brain attached, and swinging it around his head in glory.

So, I don't have the disc and I wouldn't wish my children on anybody!!

Meat

29. monkeyd

monkeyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just to clarify, there is a scene of billy getting his spine and skull pulled out with the pred swinging them around, but it doesn't take place on the log where billy makes his last stand, its later on, when billy is already dead.

Question is, is there actually a fight scene between billy and the predator?

30. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must have that version, i repeat, I must have that version. :mad: