Predator: Special Edition

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Beek1, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Over in Total DVD, we've been harking on for some time about rumours of a Predator: Special Edition, which should go some way towards making up for the botch job 20th Century Fox did in the UK with the original DVD release of the film. Now, thankfully we have an idea of what it includes, namely an anamorphic print, DD 5.1 and DTS audio mixes, an audio commentary with director John McTiernan, text commentary, a 30-minute documentary, seven Making of... featurettes, a deleted scene entitled 'Arnold fleeing Predator', outtakes, a look at the "red-suit" special effects, still gallery, and finally Predator profile & Camouflage Tests. At present the two-disc set is scheduled for UK release on 24 June, although this is still a very tentative date.

As long as the film in't cut to ribbons (again) it looks as if this should be well worth getting hold of.

2. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nice one!!! :rolleyes: just as i finally got round to getting the region 1 DTS version oh well

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Beek,

Sounds great, but you can guarantee Fox will find someway to f*** thing's up with it, in some way or another!

I don't think I've yet seen a proper, decent Fox release, with the possible exception of "The X-Files" DVD Season box sets!

Pooch

4. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anton,
    I saw the Hi Def version of this movie last year at a friends apartment in Hong Kong. The movie was taped from a HBO 1080i broadcast.
    It made the R1 dvd look like it was dragged through the mud. Simply superb. Forget Hi Def, If this new version even comes close in image quality to dvd's like 'The Plede' or 'Moulin Rouge', I'll be a happy man.

Eric

5. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I aint ever seen a good pressing of this film from VHS - DVD - TV. I came to the conclusion the oringinal celuloid was the culprit. But if you say is true and the Hi-Def copy was good then theres still hope we will get to see it on DVD. Fingers crossed.