Predator/Predator 2 2-disk set with DTS sound £7.97 delivered!

So have Fox then - the picture of the back cover includes the DTS logo

I also have this set. Predator has the DTS soundtrack but predator 2 doesnt. And neither have much in features at all.

As it stands Im after THIS predator 2 , as of my wanted list in my thread. This version has DTS and some extra special features :)

Best bet is to get that one.

tris

oatmeal said:
I had the one disc version of these films. They certainly weren't DTS and they only had a trailer as an extra.
On the upside they were anamorphic.
Tesco have made a mistake.
No, they have not. The 1-disc version of Predator included in this deal is not the old barebones release, which was also cut to pieces. The one in this release is simply the first disc of the 2-disc SE.

nero0410 said:
I also have this set. Predator has the DTS soundtrack but predator 2 doesnt. And neither have much in features at all.

As it stands Im after THIS predator 2 , as of my wanted list in my thread. This version has DTS and some extra special features :)

tris

That looks a good price, are DVDImport a good company to deal with?

...PJ

Hi
Got predator 1 and 2 collectors edition for $26 and both have dts and both are 2 disc.Without discount they work out at around $32 cad for both which is a steal.
Cheers Gonzo.

Aretak said:
No, they have not. The 1-disc version of Predator included in this deal is not the old barebones release, which was also cut to pieces. The one in this release is simply the first disc of the 2-disc SE.

Ah, my mistake then. If it's the first disc of the new set then it's a slightly better deal than I thought as the first release was hopeless.

gonzo said:
Hi
Got predator 1 and 2 collectors edition for $26 and both have dts and both are 2 disc.Without discount they work out at around $32 cad for both which is a steal.
Cheers Gonzo.
:oops: Forgot to say where from :suicide: dvd soon.

I got both Predator and Predator 2 from Dvd soon as well, the 2 disc dts editions one was £5.30 the other £5.80. Probably gone up now though.

nero0410 said:

tris

I got this from DVD Soon a few days back, only about £7 odd, havent watched it yet but noticed its not anamorphic... :thumbsdown:

Lets hope the :dts: makes up for it! :)

Rob

robyoung said:
I got this from DVD Soon a few days back, only about £7 odd, havent watched it yet but noticed its not anamorphic... :thumbsdown:

Lets hope the :dts: makes up for it! :)

Rob
Are you sure mate about that mate as I bought it from CDWow a few weeks back and even though I havent watched the film all the way through yet it is defently Anamorphic.

Mine are both anamorphic, check the specs:-

Predator R1 CE America - (Fox) Extras:DISC ONE
The film
Audio commentary by director John McTiernan
Text commentary by film historian
Inside Look: "Aliens vs. Predator" and "I, Robot"

DISC TWO
"If It Bleeds We Kill It" documentary
Deleted Scene
Outtakes
Classified Action featurette
Unseen Arnold featurette
Old Painless featurette
The Life Inside (Tribute To Kevin Peter Hall) featurette
Camouflage featurette
Welcome To The Jungle featurette
Character Design featurette
3 'Red Suit' Special Effects Tests
2 Predator Camouflage Tests
Predator Profile gallery
Photo gallery
Theatrical trailers
"Alien Quadrilogy" DVD trailerPicture format:1.85:1 Anamorphic NTSC Soundtrack(s):English DTS 5.1
English Dolby Digital 5.1
French Dolby Digital 2.0 surroundCase type:Amaray (Keep) Case

Predator 2 R1 SE America - (Fox) Warning: This disc is RCE encodedExtras:DISC ONE
*The Film
Audio Commentary with director Stephan Hopkins
Audio Commentary with writers Jim Thomas and John Thomas
DISC TWO
"The Hunter and The Hunted" featurette (35:38)
Evolutions (optical effects featurettes, with commentary by Visual Effects Supervisor Joel Hynek) :
- Main Title (2:08)
- Something On The Roof (2:00)
- Enemy In The Alley (3:12)
- Subway Showdown (1:06)
Weapons of Choice:
- Introduction (0:43)
- Gauntlet Knives (1:04)
- Self-Destruct (0:47)
- Plasma Cannon (0:59)
- Net Launcher (0:59)
- Smart Weapon (1:57)
- Telescoping Spear (1:24)
Promotional Gallery:
- 3 vintage featurettes:
-- "The Predator Goes To Town" (3:03)
-- "International Featurette" (5:41)
-- "Creating The Ultimate Hunter" (3:41)
- Original Theatrical Trailers
-- Trailer A (0:59)
-- Trailer B (1:26)
-- Trailer C (1:37)
- Original TV Spots
-- "Weapons" (0:32)
-- "Jungle Revisited" (0:32)
-- "Much Worse" (0:32)
-- "Thrill Of The Hunt" (0:32)
-- "In Town" (0:17)
Hard Core Segments:
- "Hard Core Special Report: City At War" (3:18)
- "Hard Core From Penthouse To Slaughterhouse: A Special Report" (3:47)Subtitles:English and SpanishPicture format:1.85:1 Anamorphic NTSC Soundtrack(s):English DTS 5.1
English Dolby Digital 5.1
French Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoCase type:2-Disc Amaray (Keep) Case

Hmm, no you've got me doubting myself! :)

Will have to double check, i watched the opening scene and sure the picture took up my whole projector (16:9), instead of being 1.85:1 (?) maybe i'm getting confused :confused: , i would have thought it was anamorphic being a 'special edition' and all!

Rob

1.85:1 is a 16:9 (widescreen) ratio, I'm not sure how it works on projectors but when a 1.85:1 titles is viewing on a normal widescreen tele is takes up the whole screen, regardless of whether it's anamorphic or not.

robyoung said:
Hmm, no you've got me doubting myself! :)

Will have to double check, i watched the opening scene and sure the picture took up my whole projector (16:9), instead of being 1.85:1 (?) maybe i'm getting confused :confused: , i would have thought it was anamorphic being a 'special edition' and all!

Rob
When I play it back on my Widescreen TV it fills the whole screen, isnt this how its ment to be displayed as I have other films (Naked Gun/Jurassic Park) which also fill the screen.

OK then, maybe i'm being stupid, i thought 1.85:1 was slightly different to 16:9 so expected bars (isnt 1.85:1 equivalent to 16.65:9.....??? :confused: )

Anyway we've established it is anamorphic... sorry for confusing everyone including myself ! :rolleyes: Enjoy the film!

Havent watched it in years, i remember it being quite enjoyable!

Rob :D

16:9 is just a generic term dvd distributors use to say a film is widescreen, whilst being too lazy to specify the exact screen ratio. 1.33:1 is full screen (4:3), anything wider 1.66:1,178:1,1.85:1 etc is widescreen (16:9).

By the way what's the widest aspect ratio anyone has come across? Ben Hur is 2.66:1!, talk about extreme.

Thanks for clearing that up! :)

Most films nowadays are 2.35:1, 2.66:1 is certainly extreme i'm sure there's an obscure film out there that may beat that!

Shame they dont make 2.35:1 TV's........

Rob

2.40:1 is becoming more popular now, especially for the blockbusters. What we need now is an anamorphic plus technique otherwise we'll be left with no picture if they keep using wider ratios.

apparently ben hur was filmed in 2:76:1 !!!! Now THAT'S wide!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom