Predator - Original Motion Picture Score CD Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Chris McEneany, 14th August 2010.
It came and went in the blink of an eye, but Intrada’s fantastic release of Alan Silvestri’s score for Predator is definitely worth hunting down. If you can trace the old Varese Sarabande edition or even one of the many bootlegs that are always floating about, then you are still in for a treat. This is gung-ho writing that strives to create an unstoppable percussive overdrive and, brimming with macho heroics and exciting set-pieces, offers orchestral testosterone aplenty. The themes have become iconic and the score is justifiably regarded as one of the best in the genre. Alan Silvestri would go on to compose many more wonderful action scores, all boasting the same passion for all-out bombast, rich orchestration and strong thematic wallop. Along with Back To The Future and Romancing The Stone, Predator was the soundtrack that made his name.

Well, okay, the disc vanished almost as soon as it went on sale, but this is something that fans who missed out will still be able to track down via the internet. It is not the ideal situation, of course, but we should all agree that it is better to have such limited releases coming along, than not to have them at all. Alan Silvestri's Predator is awesome in every sense of the word.

It came to Earth for the thrill of the hunt.

It may have picked the wrong man, but it sure picked the right music.

Read the full review...

Seiz

Standard Member
One of my all time favourites, along with Jerry's Alien and Basil's Robocop and Conan: The Barbarian.
Too bad i missed this one.

CrazyHorse

Managed to get my order in pretty quick and my copy is on its' way too, along with the new double disc releases of two of my other favourite film scores - Elman's Batman & Horner's Krull!

Chris McEneany

Managed to get my order in pretty quick and my copy is on its' way too, along with the new double disc releases of two of my other favourite film scores - Elman's Batman & Horner's Krull!

Well done, Crazy Horse!!!

Got my copies of Krull and Batman a few days ago. Krull is absolutely superb, mate! :clap:

Once again, I have every intention of reviewing these discs - along with Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, Outland and The Edge. Time, as ever, is the thing that gets in the way. Oh, and the kids!!!

Nice one, dudes, it's great to hear from fellow score-fans.

Cheers,

Chris McEneany :devil:

Seiz

Standard Member
Just ordered the Robocop one, maybe i will find this one too some day, at a reasonable price.
Listening to Krull OST samples, haven't seen the movie.

Glenn01

Distinguished Member
By the time I knew this had been released ... it had sold out !

However ....

I do own a copy of the original 3000 copies.
Cost me an arm and a leg and I had to get up at 3am to make sure I won the auction on ebay :)

Interesting the new release is remastered and has more tracks, so I will miss out on that unfortunately.

Great review though Chris and agree this is a powerhouse score that every action soundtrack collector really must have in their collection.

Seiz

Standard Member
Slightly off topic here, but i just received the Robocop copy and i'm amazed of how good it sounds (used to have some mp3s).
Now all i hope is to find the Predator score at a good price someday...

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom