Predator Blu-Ray

Think carefully about this one as it had a pretty poor review on High Def Digest - 3 stars for audio and video quality and no special features at all. Apparently the picture is fairly grainy still due to the way it was shot.
Pity, but surely some extras could have been included from the many DVD versions? Fox are extremely stingy with their extras.

Think carefully about this one as it had a pretty poor review on High Def Digest - 3 stars for audio and video quality and no special features at all. Apparently the picture is fairly grainy still due to the way it was shot.
Pity, but surely some extras could have been included from the many DVD versions? Fox are extremely stingy with their extras.

another direct transfer to blu ray then ..

the dvd version i have is not bad for age but you notice grainy in the black . it is the r1 version i have . i saw AVP on blue ray and i did not rate that it looked same as sd dvd whitch it is a shame

No thanks, saw this at a friends house, it looked atrocious. :(

Well i went for it on a preorder before any reviews came out, along with master and commander with 10% off at the hut, so i got a good deal. i havent had time to watch it yet but ill post my thoughts when i do. I was very disappointed with master and commander ill say that. i hope this isnt a continued trend of zero effort now hddvd is dust.

Bloody hell. I know this disc has generally not been getting great reviews, but it's been given an absolute HAMMERING by hdwars.co.uk.

http://www.hdwars.co.uk/review.aspx?type=film&id=21

I was really up for getting this one, but as I usually trust HD Wars' thoughts on things, now I just don't know. Has anyone else seen the Blu-ray yet? Is it really that bad? :confused:

But they have given the picture and sound 13/20 with imo ain't that bad for a 21year old film... Really it has been let-down is the extras u don't get! Thanks Fox

Well after reading the reviews I will not buy. I will stick with SD version until Fox release a 'proper' version that contains extras as well as improving the picture.

Shame really that Fox have messed this one up:thumbsdow

I think that I will wait until a complete special edition directors cut enhanced version ...I think that that covers the desirable upgrade options :D ... comes out just before Christmas. Or should I wait for an All Desirable Options Box Set of all the Predator films ? Decisions, Decisions.

I seem to recall that a similar quality problem did occur with the first issue of " The Fifth Element " The remastered " Fifth Element " is superb and I use it to demo my system .. the Diva Sings scene .. whilst the first edition is supposed to have been appalling. Lets hope that something similar happens with ' Predator ' if sufficient people complain and demand a refund for a ' faulty ' :devil: Blue Ray Disk.

Bloody hell. I know this disc has generally not been getting great reviews, but it's been given an absolute HAMMERING by hdwars.co.uk.

http://www.hdwars.co.uk/review.aspx?type=film&id=21

I was really up for getting this one, but as I usually trust HD Wars' thoughts on things, now I just don't know. Has anyone else seen the Blu-ray yet? Is it really that bad? :confused:

I dont take any notice of reviews that bother on "extras" 1/20 lol

who cares, i want the full directors cut film with no censorship in the best possible PQ and SQ everything else is irrelevant fluff designed for spotty 14yos

I watched it, its alot better than the DVD version, but could be improved with some digital cleaning

I dont take any notice of reviews that bother on "extras" 1/20 lol

who cares, i want the full directors cut film with no censorship in the best possible PQ and SQ everything else is irrelevant fluff designed for spotty 14yos

I watched it, its alot better than the DVD version, but could be improved with some digital cleaning

Funny that they are this films biggest demographic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom