Predator 4K UHD

Pre ordered at @ £35

Please don’t mess these up

Do you know if part 2 and 3 are being mastered in 4K?

No idea but I believe Predators was finished as a 2K DI so that will be an upscale and I guess it depends on whether Fox want to put up the money to do a new 4K transfer for Predator 2, might have already been done guess we will just have to wait and see.

Trilogy for £35, that will will do very nicely.

That's a good price to be fair but I'm holding fire to see exactly what we get. And I really would prefer Predator and Predator 2 individually.

Will wait for reviews on this one. No interest in Predators, but I'm apparently in the minority that enjoys Predator 2 more than the original, so I want to see whether that's been given similar love/attention as the original apparently has.

That's a good price to be fair but I'm holding fire to see exactly what we get. And I really would prefer Predator and Predator 2 individually.

Can certainly understand that, for me it’s all about the money so if they are £20 each separately or £35 for all 3 then it’s an easy choice.

When the first one hits the 2 for £30 section I'll buy it.

Will this be in Atmos/DTS:x?

The person who took the picture of the sleeve probably as it'll be on the back of it.

No one took a picture it’s just an image of preliminary artwork however based on previous Fox catalogue titles it might just be DTS-HD MA.

I don't know where you're all getting £34 from Zavvi from. The trilogy is £55.99 on Zavvi right now compared to £34.99 on HMV. What's up with that?

I don't know where you're all getting £34 from Zavvi from. The trilogy is £55.99 on Zavvi right now compared to £34.99 on HMV. What's up with that?

They are referring to the individual release not the Trilogy set.

Is the trilogy set all three films in 4K or just the first film in 4K and the others on standard blu-ray?

Is the trilogy set all three films in 4K or just the first film in 4K and the others on standard blu-ray?

Would assume a 6 disc set (3x UHDs/3x BDs), wouldn't make any sense to sell a UHD Trilogy set containing only 1 UHD.

They are referring to the individual release not the Trilogy set.

Thanks, got a little confused then. But why are Zavvi and HMV's prices for the trilogy so different?

Would assume a 6 disc set (3x UHDs/3x BDs), wouldn't make any sense to sell a UHD Trilogy set containing only 1 UHD.

Yeah, 3x UHDS/3x BDs makes sense, especially for the price that Zavvi is asking for it!

Thanks, got a little confused then. But why are Zavvi and HMV's prices for the trilogy so different?

Well the Zavvi price was up first, give them time and it will come down to close to that of HMV, no different to how places like Amazon have the Mission Impossible UHD set listed at £96 but its only £69.99 at HMV.

How odd.

Just found the Blu-ray.com listing for the 4K trilogy. It lists it as a six-disc set with 3 BD-66 and 3 BD-50.
Predator Trilogy 4K Blu-ray

Nothing odd about that, a lot of UHD releases use a BD-66 and I would hope the included Blu-rays use BD-50's as the currently available discs are.

Artwork for 3 Movie Collection:
predators_3mc_4k-jpg.1029026

Attachments

• Predators_3MC_4K.jpg
    Predators_3MC_4K.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 903
Last edited:
I noticed they are not calling it a Trilogy on the packaging, at least they got that right.

Just have to wait for HMV cancelling all our orders now. :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom