Predator 3 ??

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Paul Young, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Paul Young

Paul Young

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought this film was going to be made and one rumours that it was about going to their homeworld. Is this now been scrapped !!

2. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    No idea, but you certainly have my interest.

3. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,286
    With all the comic books that are available there is no shortage of good stories ( same goes for aliens )

Perahps they should take a leaf out of final fantasy's book and go the way of an "18" cert mature audience animated film.

Would allow them to do so much more with both groups and maybe help get the Aliens V. Predator story onto the screen

4. Beek1

Beek1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There was some news about a possible Predator 3 recently, I can't remember the details, although I'm pretty sure that it was just saying that the idea had been chucked out. Instead, things are moving ahead slowly on Aliens vs. Predator, with the director of Pitch Black now in talks about resurrecting the project.

5. Matt

Matt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    This is one of those semi-regular stories that float up, hang around for a bit then dissaper for 6 months.

I still remember the first time i saw the Alien Skull in the Predator mothership in Predator 2, got very excited thinking something was on the way......still waiting......

6. dUnKle

dUnKle
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,286
    The alien skull was a real neat feature.
    Also Predator Two a much better movie than some people say.

For any fans of the movies look out for the Dark Horse comics / Graphic Novels for all the explanation you need for why that skull was there

7. Juzminator

Juzminator
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Indeed, I personally preferred Predator 2 to the original - far more gory, and lots more action IMHO.

8. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,499
    I think the biggest problem with Predator two was the weak script and performances. Why was Danny Glover whispering throughout? And Paxton's character was weak. Great pity.
    But it's such a great concept that would attract all the sci-fi fans for sure and given the proper amount of effort, they could make a really decent flick which would attract the more mainstream audience aswell. They absolutely should do this.
    I have read that the A vs P flick would kill off both A and P syndicates. Maybe. And Fox were holding off on the A vs P waiting for P3 to be made.
    A vs P is a brilliant idea IMO. Not sure how well it would go down with the mainstream audience, though. I can imagine how they'd wonder how and why the two species have got put together in one movie and question the motives.

9. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Blimey... that would be a good movie. I mean, think of all the galactic explosions and gunfire they would need to completely destroy two whole species who have spread god-only-knows how far around the Universe.

Just kidding.

If it would spark some new life into the ailing Alien franchise and spark just a trace of life into the long gone Predator franchise by spawning a completely new franchise from them, I don't think I'd be too unhappy to leave them in the past. I wouldn't mind seeing the new, Alien-enhanced Ripley mixing it up with a few Predators though.

Then we could get Robocop, the Terminator, Superman, Batman, the Green Lantern, Spider-man, Tin Tin, Danger Mouse, the Teletubbies and everyone else who has ever had a X vs Predator/Aliens comic wrote for them and transfer them to the big screen. How about a Star Wars Vs. Star Trek film... now that would be interesting.

Probably not that last bit.

10. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Totally agree with you `Juz` - Predator 2 was much more enjoyable than the 1st,don`t get me wrong,I love that one but the 2nd just had something about it :rolleyes: really enjoyable bit of film,and as you say more action,set in the city,good to see the pred` hunting in this setting,with all this talk,I`m gonna have to watch it again now :D