Predator 2 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Film is a guilty pleasure of mine, pretty sure I saw it before the original all those years ago but damn the UHD really is something else.

I picked this up on Apple 4K TV for £7.99 i always liked this film although not a patch on the first obviously .

Nice review.

Bill Paxton is standout for me, he's absolutely excellent in this and I rate his death as the absolute best in all 3 films....

Bill Paxton is standout for me, he's absolutely excellent in this and I rate his death as the absolute best in all 3 films....
Death is his specialty.......;)

Am I completely mental for liking this one better than the original? I mean, what’s not to like? Paxton, Busey, Glover, 80’s cop movie cliches to the max, Robocop-style urban dystopia, and one of the best movie monsters of all time all in one sweat soaked package! Genius.

Film is a guilty pleasure of mine, pretty sure I saw it before the original all those years ago but damn the UHD really is something else.
I'm not bothered about Predators, but you've just reminded me how much I actually like this Movie. The picture of Danny Glover sums up his classic "I'm going to shoot... no, I really am....any minute now...where did you go?" face from every movie where he has to hold a gun.
And I love the first Predator as well. Damn! Have I now got to buy the Box Set? :D

Am I completely mental for liking this one better than the original? I mean, what’s not to like? Paxton, Busey, Glover, 80’s cop movie cliches to the max, Robocop-style urban dystopia, and one of the best movie monsters of all time all in one sweat soaked package! Genius.
Predator 2 is great....but its not that great! :D

Predators better than Predator 2?! Controversial.

Predators is enjoyable but it's too much of a retread of Predator.

Predator 2 is it's own thing and had a lot more originality plus better characters so for me, nope P2 is better than Predators by quite some distance.

It's also a bit Aliens as well....

The disc itself is a 9 for picture and the film is a solid 8, to me it's as good as Predator in its own way....

The PQ in 4K/HDR is very, very good.

Always had a soft spot for this film, not a patch on the first one but quite entertaining all the same.

Definitely. I'm in complete agreement with you. If there was a reason for me to 'upgrade' to 4K this film would be one of the main reasons why. (Still happy with 1080p right now) What I want to know is will they re-release a mastered copy on 1080p blu-ray, as the original release has shocking lip-sync issues. I would buy that.

Definitely. I'm in complete agreement with you. If there was a reason for me to 'upgrade' to 4K this film would be one of the main reasons why. (Still happy with 1080p right now) What I want to know is will they re-release a mastered copy on 1080p blu-ray, as the original release has shocking lip-sync issues. I would buy that.
Seriously doubt it. Im just happy we have an excellent 4K disc.

not a patch on Predator but still a guilty pleasure and a must own. Forget about Predators which im guessing will be up for review shortly

One of the most underrated sequels of all time and every bit as exciting, though not iconic, as the original.

One of the most underrated sequels of all time and every bit as exciting, though not iconic, as the original.

Yep. Looking forward to revisiting it shortly and I bet Im not disappointed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom