Prebuilt system, c. £1200 budget

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by ArcAngel78, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ArcAngel78

ArcAngel78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi,

Am going to buy a new gaming rig (have screen, keyboard etc) and have c.1200 to spend.

Happy to pay an extra £50 or so to have it built for me and overclocked.

The closest I've found to the spec I would build is the chillblast fusion tranquility, although would change motherboard to a z68 rather than a P68 (why wouldnt everyone do this?).

Any comments on spec or alternative system for similar money. I want a relatively understated case, and quietness is a plus if not an essential characteristic.

Thks

2. GuitarGuy

GuitarGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Take a look at cyber power. They let you choose every part and do overclocking. You'll get a good rig with that money.

3. ArcAngel78

ArcAngel78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
  4. GuitarGuy

GuitarGuy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    personlly i would have gone with an asus d2x soundcard but thats just my opinion

5. shadowboxer

shadowboxer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +196
    Not bad. Would personally have gone for a Crucial M4 SSD, Xonar sound card, better PSU and motherboard capable of SLI/Xfire at X8/X8 for a gaming PC. Also no need for 16GB of RAM with gaming, 8 would have been more than enough. Enjoy your new PC. That's a very high overclock gurantee especially with an average cooler in a case with not brilliant airflow. Will be interesting to see what temperatures are like and whether or not they even give you that overclock?

6. ArcAngel78

ArcAngel78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Had enquired about a m4 but put off re recent hardware failure reports. I'll only have/want 2.1 sound so basic sound card fine, can get better psu for about 30 though so might look into that.

I tend to buy a whole new rig every 4 years rather than do gradual upgrades, so going about 70 percent up the price curve in term of bang for your buck - I know I won't have the best system out there.

Noted re the oc- will ask them the question. Tbh I probably don't even need the oc at all :) do u think it needs water cooling or would a better cooler do it. Don't really want to spend more than 1500 as my budget was 1200!