1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre Release Games Early

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by dgharwood, Jul 22, 2004.

1. dgharwood

dgharwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Does anyone know of an online shop where you can order pre-release titles and they send them to you as soon as they get them rather than waiting for the offocial release date.

The problem with ordering online is that invariably the new game is not delivered until a few days after the release date. It is bad enough waiting for the release date without having to wait even longer for it to be delivered.

2. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Me and most of my mates order from Gameplay and every game i've pre-ordered from them, i have received it 1 day before release date.

3. sjallen

sjallen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seconded - Gameplay are £3 - £5 more expensive but will get you the stuff on Thursday every time. Except consoles.

Play will also sometimes get you games early but they are not quite as dependable.

4. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Don't know about online stores but my local Woolworths has always got games out on the shelves before release dates, so tend to check in there quite a bit for new releases :devil: as it seems no-one seems to understand what a RELEASE DATE is in there. They do the same for DVD movies, eg Matrix Revolutions i think had a Friday release date, on the shelf in woolies on the Moday before!

5. dgharwood

dgharwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks - will give gameplay a go. I have used them once before but I cannot remember if it came on time or not!

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The one game I pre-ordered from Gameplay arrived a day before release. :thumbsup:

I just got sent a DVD from Play that doesn't release for another week! Of course, I haven't received the DVD, just got the shipping confirmation, so maybe it was an error.