1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre Ordering

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Simez, Oct 31, 2003.

1. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I usually order dvds from Play but never bother to pre order because I don`t know whether you got them the day they were released or if they ship them on the day of release. For example I want the latest League of Gentlemen dvd and is due for release on 10/11, if I order will I get it on that day or say a couple of days later? Can`t be doing with waiting, I`m too impatient, I`d end up going into town and buying it.

2. Simez

Simez
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Woops, I`ve posted in the wrong section, what a great start...sorry :suicide:

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,313
    Don't worry and a warm welcome to the forums.

Moved to DVD talk forum.

Greg

4. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm, well ti depends on a few things! Most stores will ship the DVD to you on the friday or Saturday before it is released on a Monday but sometime they might no either because they have loads of orders or because they run out of stock before all orders aere filled. Then after that obviously it is in the hands of the post office so all things being good then you should get it by the monday but of course this is not always the case. To be honest if it's play then I would say maybe. Play ship titles (R2) from jersy so they sometimes take slightly longer anyway then other places, ie. one maybe to days more but if they send it to you on the friday there is a chance.

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,313
    And of course postal strike withstanding aswell.

So I wouldn't expect anything on day of release at the moment.

Greg

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought over 200 dvd's from Play and never did they send in advance of a release date, Movietyme are my new best friend cos so far ive found the customer satisfaction level with them high and prices and delivery times good, i also like CD Wow, YesAsia have been slow although maybe thats cos the title i ordered Tomb Raider DTS is being held up in the London postal strikes.