Pre-ordering the iPad via Apple

Considering the seller couldn't possibly despatch on a Sunday a good one will issue a refund immediately....I'd start the request and process as if in the unfortunate event (lets not convict without proof) he/she doesn't despatch it helps having all the proof...I wouldn't engage in that you don't trust it etc, just think of another reason...And if he says it is already despatched ask for proof, as if done via courier he would have the tracking number already...

Considering the seller couldn't possibly despatch on a Sunday a good one will issue a refund immediately....I'd start the request and process as if in the unfortunate event (lets not convict without proof) he/she doesn't despatch it helps having all the proof...I wouldn't engage in that you don't trust it etc, just think of another reason...And if he says it is already despatched ask for proof, as if done via courier he would have the tracking number already...

Thanks for your help! Have send the seller a message to request to cancel. Lets hope it works out!

Well I managed to get the transaction cancelled and my money refunded, just shows if it looks it it is normally is too good to be true. If the other buyers get their iPads then fair play, but I didnt want to take the risk.

Roll on the 28th...

ALL his recent iPad buyers comment on the quality of his communication, nothing else. Odd.

I take anyone leaving positive feedback but not always commenting on the items as being nothing strange.

After all you expect those who communicate regularly are for real and don't need to point it out.

Thanks guys, I also have contacted the seller and also the guy who has posted the last feedback who came back to me saying that he had contacted other buyers who claim the seller had asked them to leave feedback before receiving the item, hence why it is all based on communications rather than the product. Obviously a little concerned about things now (wish I had just sat back and waited for next friday!) - where do I stand? Can I cancel the transaction?

Interesting.

CEX are buying 16GB wifi models for £445 which is £15 premium over new!

This may go down once the iPad is officially out however I have that model to sell when my 3G arrives and if I can get that in a cheque I'd take it!

I haven't decided where to sell it yet - it may be that the demand means I can get a premium over a new model although that does depend on if Apple retail sells out on release day.

I pre-ordered at 9am on the 10th by debit card.. but checking my statement, Apple havent taken any money, and my available balance doesnt calculate to having £600 odd quid 'held back'

hmmmmmmmm

Well I managed to get the transaction cancelled and my money refunded, just shows if it looks it it is normally is too good to be true. If the other buyers get their iPads then fair play, but I didnt want to take the risk.

Roll on the 28th...

Aww man I so nearly went through with this. The seller told me they had a really good supplier. I tested the water a little by asking if they accepted card or bank transfers and asked whether there would be a customs charge. They replied to say that there might be a customs charge of £30 but that I could have the Ipad sent to them and they would forward it on!

I did the same calculations (-£30 customs) as above and decided there was no way this seller was fo sho (also noticed no one had actually received one).

Anyway the seller seems not to be registered anymore. Dodged a £610 bullet aimed at impatient idiots like me :facepalm:

Aww man I so nearly went through with this. The seller told me they had a really good supplier. I tested the water a little by asking if they accepted card or bank transfers and asked whether there would be a customs charge. They replied to say that there might be a customs charge of £30 but that I could have the Ipad sent to them and they would forward it on!

I did the same calculations (-£30 customs) as above and decided there was no way this seller was fo sho (also noticed no one had actually received one).

Anyway the seller seems not to be registered anymore. Dodged a £610 bullet aimed at impatient idiots like me :facepalm:

I have had an email from ebay today stating that the listing has been cancelled, and to advise me not to proceed with any purchase so we definitely made the right call! :facepalm:

i ave a look at my statment and no money is been taken,i phone apple this afternoon and they told me that for preorder that long they take the payment the day of dispach from depot.
they only ask your bank for autorization but it's only to make shure the card is valid.
they do advised you to ave plenty money in your account the week of delivery ,
they can't really give you the exact date were the full amount will be taken.
betwin 22 and 27 may i will think.

i ave a look at my statment and no money is been taken,i phone apple this afternoon and they told me that for preorder that long they take the payment the day of dispach from depot.
they only ask your bank for autorization but it's only to make shure the card is valid.
they do advised you to ave plenty money in your account the week of delivery ,
they can't really give you the exact date were the full amount will be taken.
betwin 22 and 27 may i will think.

Thanks for that. I pre-ordered with debit card and thought the money should of been taken out straight away. Only just managed to check my statement and saw Apple havent taken anything and started to worry

Hi, I actually pre ordered the ipad on May 13 using my hsbc debit card (for june 7 shipment) and when I checked my HSBC statement it showed that under the available balance the amount was held. TODAY, morning the available balance still showed that the amount was held, until now at 10 pm, i checked my internet banking randomly and found out that the amount is no more held and the money (ipad price) is back to my balance. I checked the apple store tracking thing and my order is still there. Do you think its a thing to worry about? I would be grateful if anyone replies as I am really getting worried and both HSBC and Apple's call centers are closed for today.

Authorisations are only for 7 days. It has now been over 7 days since you placed an order, so the funds are released again.

Authorisations will expire when not used, happens automatically in the banking system pending on a number of factors...Quite useful since some hotels/carhire firms etc 'forget' to clear it, especially when you reserve with one card and pay with another ;-)

Thanks for the replies, you made me feel better. As I was surprised that the money was taken and then returned. So hopefully nothing is wrong with my order! I will still call both HSBC and Apple to confirm tomorrow. thanks anyways

Authorisations will expire when not used
So does that mean Apple will try to "rebuy" on the specific card you originally preordered on, or the bank account associated with it?

Just my card got scammed, so i've had to cancel it last weekend, and if they try to rebuy on that card it'll fail no doubt... I checked with Apple after, and they said the funds had been approved (my account has the funds available in full), so not sure where this all leaves me on the 28th? :confused: Why can't they just take my money now? :rolleyes:

So does that mean Apple will try to "rebuy" on the specific card you originally preordered on, or the bank account associated with it?

Just my card got scammed, so i've had to cancel it last weekend, and if they try to rebuy on that card it'll fail no doubt... I checked with Apple after, and they said the funds had been approved (my account has the funds available in full), so not sure where this all leaves me on the 28th? :confused: Why can't they just take my money now? :rolleyes:

I am no expert in this area but I think you will need to provide Apple your new card details otherwise they will try and take payment next week using card details that are now invalid. The funds are there and at the time you made the purchase Apple checked this and maybe even reserved the funds but I don't think your bank will let anyone take out money from your account using your old card details
Good luck.

does anyone here plan to queue outside apple store on 28/5??

I am wondering if we can get 1 on that date from apple retail store (esp in the newcastle one).

You'll get one if you queue early enough.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom