Pre installation help

jackkav

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, im going to be getting virgin media broadband installed next week (350mps) and need to check some informations as virgin wont give me a straight answer.

Im looking to get tv bb and phone but would also like to hardwired internet sockets to go into additional rooms.

I was wondering if virgin offer this service as well as just putting the main line in

Is there an additional charge

Do i have to provide the additional cat6 cables

And can i prewarn them instead of just dropping the request on the engineer on the day.

This consists of tv (cable box) in one downstairs room 1 extra connection to a seperate downstair room (tv streaming) and one connection to an upstairs office.

the router can be placed anywhere in the network

I would like wired so it can be as stable as possible also my house wiring is to old to make powerline adapters realiable

They come - fit the cable box on your house outside where you want it and connect it the the cable network point on the pavement though your garden or whatever you have. Then they drill a hole in the wall of your house and feed the cable from this outside box in to another small box inside which requires power and from that device into the router they provide. They do not wire ethernet around your house as a side service as far as I have seen which makes sense as that requires a survey really and they have no ethernet cables used in the installation of the cable router so dont have long ethernet cables knocking around as far as I have seen.

The phone connects to the router by the way.

I can't speak for Virgin but home networking is not a service that ISPs generally offer, beyond a few plug and play wi-fi devices.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom