Pre E3/Post Reveal Xbox One Poll - Are You Getting One?

Will You Be Buying An Xbox One

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to put a poll up to see AVF members response from the Xbox One reveal.

What I aim to do is put a poll up after E3 to see if people have changed their minds or not, then possibly put one up at the release of the console, just to see if opinions have changed again.

This first poll is based on what you know so far and if you are making a choice now based on the information you have seen so far.

Could I ask if you do vote that you could perhaps make a post with your vote just to say why you've chosen the choice you have (in no way is it compulsory to do this however) and please lets nots not question each others opinion, just want your vote and a post of why you have made your choice.

Main reason for the poll really is to see how people may change their opinion/choice the more information they know about it. Or perhaps have already seen enough.

Anyway simple choices:

Will You Be Buying An Xbox One?

Yes,
No,
Awaiting E3 Before Deciding,
Moving To The PS4 Instead,
Moving To PC Gaming Instead,
Moving To The Wii U Instead,
Happy To Stay With Current Gen Machines For Now.

Last edited:
Will buy one to supplement the pc. Was gonna go Xbox until it was revealed how much more powerful ps4 is likely to be. Will decide after e3 but edging towards ps4.

My vote has gone with 'Awaiting E3 Before Deciding'

Simply because I just don't feel I have enough information on the system and how it all works, pricing and especially what will be available day one to make my choice yet.

Yea you never know Microsoft might sell for a lot less than Sony

My vote has gone with 'Awaiting E3 Before Deciding'

Simply because I just don't feel I have enough information on the system and how it all works, pricing and especially what will be available day one to make my choice yet.

So PS4 then. ;)

Awaiting E3, was disappointed with the reveal but if the games look good (forza 5 especially) then I could be easily tempted to get one ... if the PS4 is totally awesome though then that may sway me that way ... its the games that are going to make the difference.

Got to wait for a look at the games befor deciding. Not only deciding which console to get but deciding when to get it!

Ps4 for me.

Going to wait for e3, but honestly more interested in PS4 than One at the mo, don't watch much Tv, I've got an Argos video sender unit with IR blaster in the loft, it doesn't get used, got no interest in Sports, overlays, "snap-ing", jumping around my room playing games, Kinect checking out ma bod', or a Halo Tv series, and with no interesting games being shown yet.......

I'm waiting until after E3. As you say, we don't know nearly enough to commit to a purchase yet.

I may well end up buying both though. Well by that I mean, buy a xbox, trade it in, buy a ps4, trade it in and rinse and repeat until I've wasted a lot of money and feel remorse I didn't just keep both and be done with it. :suicide:

I`ll wait for E3 plus confirmation about what you can and cant do on it without MS watching me night and day through the Kinect camera and possibly killing the second hand games market to boot. Which to me is vital. If it wasn't for the fact I`ve been able to buy a lot of old games second hand I would never have bought into certain game sequels at full price. They need to seriously think about the implications of what they do. Its no skin off my nose if I stick with the 360 or move to the PS4. I`ll wait and see whats confirmed first though.

Awaiting E3 for me as well but I will more than likely pick it up regardless.

I'm waiting until after E3.

It all depends on what exclusives each console has and what both companies are planning in terms of second hand games, as well as any new features Playstation Plus and Live may have.

if my wheel wont work i cant justify it. if said wheel works on ps4 i have a decision to make. if it doesnt work on ps4 i will probably spend the money on a new gpu for my pc and fully commit to that.
There are a couple of IPs I will sorely miss (mainly gears of war & forza)\ and gutted to lose my live profile, not to mention the fantastic controller but c'est la vie

Sticking with current gen. Some nice new releases coming (destiny, last of us) and a truckload of old titles to play, tho I might be tempted by a Wii u :D

Waiting for E3 with regards the One.

Im deffo getting a PS4 though.

Hinges on E3 for me.

I'll be sticking to current gen for the time being, with the probability that I'll go with PS4 once the dust settles.

No and not only wont i be buying it i am hoping against hope that people take a stand and tell ms to stick it up there a*** which causes it to bomb worse than any console in history.

The only thing i thought was interesting from what i have seen so far is the cloud servers that could potentially assist with the gfx. As far as the rest of the announcements were concerned... all my worst fears were realised and i wouldnt be surprised if for all the media playing ability hype it wont even play mkv files. I admit i was leaning to the not buying one camp long before the reveal and the reason for this was because of the previous decision to exclude 4od from non paying live customers which i found truly tight and mean given no other company in the uk charge for that service. However i remained open to all and any... until Tuesday that is.

To be honest ms wont care about me not buying considering i am only really interested in a handful of games and couldnt care less about the platform that runs them. However i have a feeling MS has done enough this time round to even fracture the loyalty of a large portion of its core fan base. Thus i am hoping against hope it bombs but not because i want it to fail because it is an xbox (the only consoles i have owned as an adult have been xboxes). No i want it to fail so the industry and all the companies involved learn a lesson they seem to have forgotten... you give people what they want and not what you want them to have.

As a side note i have to agree with some of the other posts on various other threads... i think the kinect camera is a disturbing move and all part of a far larger strategy to infiltrate peoples private lives and gather information about the individual. Let me make this clear i dont imagine any of these corporations care (that much) what you are getting up to in your living room (you can break the law in anyway you fancy and i am (almost) certain the police wont be breaking down your door).

What i do think they care (a lot) about is how they can market and sell who you are to advertisers and other corporations. End of the day the games industry is much like the other media, in so much as, the consumer is the product and we the audience or in this case the gamer are being sold to other companies. Well i can tell you this... not in my living room... and i wont even begin to go into the second hand market... what is with this industry and the special treatment they think they deserve??? tight greedy... the lot of them.

I will bow out now and wait to see what the ps4 holds and then choose between that and a budget pc and screw the xbox bomb.

I think there is a lot of misguided sensationalism around about the xbone. Your laptop, phone and ipad come with cameras and I doubt you have masking tape over all of those. If I'm going to be objective about things both have plus and minus points.

Ps4

More powerful gpu
Sony exclusives
Vita remote screen

Xbox

More advanced camera and motion sensing tech
Potentially better networking and dedicated servers
Exclusive none game content
Microsoft exclusive game titles
Windows ecosystem & surface tablet interactivity

Also Sony have some heavy support for ps3 this year meaning not all it's studios are developing for ps4. Potentially Microsoft may have more exclusive titles this year.

Not for me I'm afraid.

I'll stick with the 360 for now, loads of games I haven't played on it yet.

Not as it stands graphics look not much better than current
More swinging to PS4

Mind you Microsoft will be on major swing at E3 to reverse the negatives, but most savvy consumers will see through that

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom