Pre Built PC Help

lolgabelol

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm looking to upgrade my current rig and was wondering if people could recommend a good pre-built set. I can't build my own PC so I need a site or manufacturer that could do it all.

I want better performance in more simple games like WoW all the way to more demanding features like using my Valve Index for VR. I currently have a 27 inch 4k monitor and can generally get around 60fps for WoW in demanding settings. I'm wondering if it's possible to increase that with a better rig.

My current CPU specs are:

Processor: Intel (R) Core(TM) i7 -6850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

Installed RAM 16.0 GB

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

X99-A II

Rev 1 .xx

Monitors: 27 Inch 4k Asus Predator

LG 27 Inch monitor

LG 24 Inch monitor

My budget is fairly high, probably around 4-5k but I'm wondering if that is necessary given my needs.

Currently I've been looking at 2 distinct builds on newegg.

ABS Legend Gaming PC - Intel i9-10900KF - GeForce RTX 3090 - G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz - 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD - Newegg.ca

and a cheaper

ABS Gladiator Gaming PC - Intel i9-9900K - GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER - G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4 - 1TB SSD - Liquid Cooling 240mm - Newegg.ca

My overall goal is to future proof my rig and absolutely thrash games like WoW while also being able to max out my VR games. I think a decent CPU is required for this, that's why I've been focusing on the i9, but in general my knowledge is quite limited.

Thank you! I appreciate all help and tips!

I'd have a look at the pre-built systems at Overclockers and Scan. You can't futureproof your system because the technology moves so fast. But I have had my system for 5+ years and only have upgraded the video card and added SSD drives, and it still performs well for me.

It is definitely possible to improve your gaming with more 'horsepower' but actually you have a pretty decent spec'd system already. I'm surprised you are looking at upgrading quite frankly, but hey, I kinda get the desire to stay current. As @Bolosun says, 'future proofing' is a not a stationary objective since technology always changes, but such an upgrade should mean you don't need updating any HW for another 3 years (normally what I aim for)

Personally I'd go for option 2 since with the 30 series of NVDIA Card releases (and some of the associated issues that have been uncovered) you'd be paying premium and not necessarily get best bang for your buck. Also the 2nd system would give you the 'max out' requirement with VR games anyway, In fact even with the second rig you'd be exceeding the requirements for what you want to do.

Given your mentioning 'Newegg.ca" I'm guessing your in Canada. I can't comment on their builds and offers but they've got a pretty solid rep for components and builds on the North American Continent .

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom