1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PRC Direct - An good?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Steve T, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Steve T

Steve T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've noticed PRC Direct are seliing the JVC AV32WFT1EK for £719.45 including delivery and am tempted to make a purchase.

Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) of buying off these guys?

cheers

2. winclose

winclose

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've bought from PRC a few times now after realising their prices were the best, I've had no problems with delivery, they take security on the internet very seriously and have good stocks.

Overall, well worth a visit, their prices usually beat Empire and Unbeatable (where i usually look first).

Let us know how you get on

PS - Anyone ever bought from equipment abroad?

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used PRC Direct just recently for my Sony KP44PS2.

I did my research and went to all the high street/internet stores and they all seemed to quote me 4 weeks, PRC said to me 7 - 10 days......I thought "yeah right", but low and behold, they were right. I got a phone call saying they had it in stock 7 days after I contacted them by phone.

They are cheaper but do charge a lot for delivery as it is all done by weight, even so it STILL worked out cheaper than any where else. Very refreshing.
    I would say go for it although I haven't had to use their after sales service, that could be a different story!

4. Steve T

Steve T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Cheers!

5. The Huss

The Huss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve T

Can't vouch for buying on-line but then the other guys seem to have had some good experiences.

As for myself I have used them for more than 10 years now..originally called Punjab Retail Centre in East London. I've always found them very competetive and 'in-store' very friendly and the kit has been A1 also.

After sales not so hot.

Having experienced the ol' RCE/Toshiba DVD problem last year PRC couldn't/wouldn't offer any help or guidance whatsoever on what to do...Techtronics meanwhile provided guidance and even a crib sheet on how to get around the problem.

Likewise a friend who purchased a Sony 32" didn't appreciate my suggestion to go there after it arrived less than perfect i.e scratched surround and French instruction manuals and warranty forms (grey import?) which PRC then tried to get him to cover the cost of return (V.Expensive)

Like a lot of threads conclude you pays your money and takes your chances.

If you live near east london might be worth dropping in and having a chat with them. They are ALWAYS looking to do a deal.

good luck

regards

huss