1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Praktica Dcz 8 Vr Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by ollie479, Apr 12, 2005.

1. ollie479

ollie479

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Got the camera from ebay but cant veiw any of the pictures from my computer. Does anyone know what software I can veiw them with? Mr Photo, which was sent with the camera doesnt work. And there is something to do with a twain device but i have no idea when it comes to computers and cameras.
    Please help, my Twins are on there way any day and it would be nice to get some photos of them. Thanks alot.

Ollie479

2. rothwellio

rothwellio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :mad: I have just got the same dig/cam and bought a FUJIFILM 128MB SD card for it. But i can not save to card all i get is the internal mem icon up. I am at a total loss..!! Do you think we have been had.???

3. Crocodile

Crocodile
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,858
    Ollie479
    If you're using XP the camera should simply appear as a removable drive in My Computer but looks like there are issues with Norton AV if you have that.

Rothwellio
    I would expect that somewhere in the camera's menu you have to tell it to use the SD card rather than it's own internal memory. Praktica say the card should be formatted first.

Have a look at the Q&As on the Praktica website.

4. sergesergiou

sergesergiou
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the answer! Put in the memory card, go into the camera settings and find the Green Screen called Options. Press the Format option, and that's finished! The camera formats the card and it can now be saved to and used on computer etc.