Prague - What would you do?

CooperUK

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

thinking of going to Prague with the missus just before Christmas...never been there before so...what should we do?

Suggestions and links please!

Thanks,

Coop

Visit the Xmas markets Christmas Markets in Prague - Prague Christmas Markets 2011

Do the Castle/Cathedral tour Visit to Prague Castle - Prague Castle

Not sure how much you want to pay but this is a great hotel and in the quieter part of Prague the other side of Charles Bridge. www.santiniresidence.com

Avoid Wenceslas Sq, it's tacky and expensive.

Try the local dish of goulash at any of the restaurants.

Take a big coat, warm clothes and sturdy footwear as it WILL be cold and it may even snow!

Top hotel is one of the best hotels I've stayed in. Its about 8 miles from the center of Prague but the transport links are fantastic, much better than ours. As has been said the castle is a must, Charles bridge, the astronomical clock. It is beautiful city, just watch out for the pick pocketers, its rife out there.

prepare for a drinking session of EPIC proportions.... :D :thumbsup:

Failing that, i found just walking round the city at winter time stopping for the odd drink was really nice. :)

Been with my wife for the last 2 years.

Thoroughly recommend the Hotel de Paris - not cheap but right in the centre and walkable to anywhere.

You will eat and drink very well. Lots of great pubs we enjoyed U Medvidku where they brew their own beer, and fill you with food. Olace is full of locals. A must try desert is the beer icecream.

Lots of music everywhere, we enjoyed the touristy trip on a jazz boat and Bili Konikek a basement off the Old Town square. Food and drinks more expensive than bars but with great music and atmosphere.

Food is great if you like meat. They seem to consider dumplings as veg.

PS the Strip clubs really are great.

Allegedly

"cough" Goldfingers "cough"

Last edited:
If you like the interactive type of strip club then head on down to Atlas bar just off wensclas square. It is not for the faint hearted!

If you like the interactive type of strip club then head on down to Atlas bar just off wensclas square. It is not for the faint hearted!

Was gonna recommend there myself, won't put a link but it ends in atlas-cabaret.cz:smashin: couples welcome

Last edited:
As I mentioned in another Prague thread, I would thoroughly recommend your do a segway tour. You see so much more of the place without being stuck on a bus or knackered with walking.
Such a fun way to see a city that's it's been the first thing we look for in other cities we've visited since.
Oh, and the 'seedy' side of it is massively overstated and easily avoided, if you want.
I wouldn't avoid wenceslas square either, you've got to see it.
But I'd avoid the bars/restaurants around it.
Iirc, we stayed in the Corinthia tower hotel.
Very luxurious with a lovely spa on the top floor. Not at all dear either.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom