PQ through Amp

The Gooner

I have a Denon 2805 amp and just wondered how the PQ would be effected by routing through the amp.
I have Sky+ connected to viera on AV1 on RGB and DVD on Component.

My amp has componenet in and out so DVD is not a prob but connecting sky is different, I can use Svideo if needed.
What would be best way and would I loose PQ by going through amp as apposed to direct connections

Docta teef

I ve been trying to use my sony 333es to do the same this week but have found the amp will not up convert to component, it yours does then your ok. If not you could get an RGB to component transcoder from somebody like Keene then route through the amp. I think thats what im going to do however my component cable is made from a supra AV6 cable so i have 3 extra cores this sould allow me to avoid using the amp altogether which should be better.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello Gooner

The SCART RGB to SCART RGB connection you currently use is potentially the best option you can use - though not everyone (myself included) rate the SCART input on Panasonic TV's and Displays; as I find it looks 'soft' compared to alternative ways of getting RGB into the Display models.

With the TV model your restricted to using the SCART input for RGB or as your enquiring about converting RGB to YUV (use a JS Technology converter its the best on the market) and then switching multiple YUV signals through your AV Receiver.

If your being critical you'll find adding the YUV converter slightly softens the image (though not as bad as a Panasonic SCART socket) and switching through your AV amp will again lose you a little bit of definition; though most folk say its not noticeable when viewing a movie.

Best regards

Joe

PS Keep in mind you'll loose Auto Aspect Ratio switching when you convert RGB to YUV.

The Gooner

Joe Fernand said:
Hello Gooner

The SCART RGB to SCART RGB connection you currently use is potentially the best option you can use - though not everyone (myself included) rate the SCART input on Panasonic TV's and Displays; as I find it looks 'soft' compared to alternative ways of getting RGB into the Display models.

With the TV model your restricted to using the SCART input for RGB or as your enquiring about converting RGB to YUV (use a JS Technology converter its the best on the market) and then switching multiple YUV signals through your AV Receiver.

If your being critical you'll find adding the YUV converter slightly softens the image (though not as bad as a Panasonic SCART socket) and switching through your AV amp will again lose you a little bit of definition; though most folk say its not noticeable when viewing a movie.

Best regards

Joe

PS Keep in mind you'll loose Auto Aspect Ratio switching when you convert RGB to YUV.

Thanks for that, looks like my best bet is to keep Sky as is and keep best PQ on DVD through component direct to DVD
Goons

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom