PPI claims ....

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had any success and how much they got back , just found out that I have 3 loans and a credit card dating back to the 90's that are going to pay out , will be happy with whatever I get !!!

That's good to hear. I put in a claim on Friday for loans back in 2000 and thought it's way too old so I won't get anything...

6 years I believe is the statute of limitation, but good luck

I got back 4.5k from a loan and credit card, I never thought I had ever taken ppi out at all and only rang my bank to ask as I was bored at work one day.

I was paid out on three claims each going back way more than six years. Averaged 3 grand each.

Got paid out on a Mortgage PPI. But had to use a claim company to do it as I didn't have paperwork or anything. Got back £700 lost £300+ to the claim company. Still didn't feel cheated as I did purchase the policy and would have used it If I needed it.

Got paid out on a Mortgage PPI. But had to use a claim company to do it as I didn't have paperwork or anything. Got back £700 lost £300+ to the claim company. Still didn't feel cheated as I did purchase the policy and would have used it If I needed it.

So on what grounds did you make your claim?

They added the price of the policy to the mortgage. So soon as I got the cash I made an overpayment on the mortgage to try bring it back inline. Don't think your allowed to add stuff like this to a mortgage now.

They added the price of the policy to the mortgage. So soon as I got the cash I made an overpayment on the mortgage to try bring it back inline. Don't think your allowed to add stuff like this to a mortgage now.

No, Dony means your only supposed to be able to claim if you did not know PPI had been added to your loan etc, I'm guessing like myself that you had to answer a questionnaire along about your work status at the time it was taken out etc .....

Seems to be that they just pay out now so even if you knew about it and would have been eligible to claim you can still get paid out. Not sure I agree with it myself since it now seems to be spurring off loads of other 'scandals' like the packaged bank accounts etc. People need to ake some personal responsibility for their financial choices. All these do is say to the consumer that they can be as reckless as they like and then just claim ignorance or the evil banks made them do it and they will be protected.

Or it says that for years banks were getting away with sly underhand selling tactics and are now being brought to account.

Although I managed to go through the same period of time without taking out PPI even when it was suggested. People need to read up on what they are buying and decide if it is suitable or if they want it. Just seems another case of someone else is to blame for their mistakes. Seems to be less and less personal responsibility for things. Far easier to blame someone else than actually look at yourself.

A friend of mine got into mortgage selling around then at Natwest - huge pressure to sell / 'convince' on the PPI. He left after a while as he just didn't feel comfortable pushing it onto everyone whether it was appropriate or not - sounds like he should have been in charge :)

Really wish I had taken PPI, but never have in any of my loans, credit cards or my current mortgage. :( Could do with a few grand right now. :)

Seems to be that they just pay out now so even if you knew about it

Indeed, I know several people who have made claims, even though they knew what the PPI was and were willing partakers.
Really sticks in my throat, the sheer dishonesty of that.
Luckily, I've always ticked 'no' to PPI in any loans I've had for decades.
Even when the likes of the Alliance and Leicester used to have it ticked as a default option in their online loan application, I always remembered to untick it.

I got back 4.5k from a loan and credit card, I never thought I had ever taken ppi out at all and only rang my bank to ask as I was bored at work one day.

Out of curiosity and if you don't mind of course , roughly when and how did you have on the card and how much was the loan for :)

Out of curiosity and if you don't mind of course , roughly when and how did you have on the card and how much was the loan for :)

Honestly not sure at all, I had had a couple of loans with the Halifax and a credit card - loans probably not more than about 20k in total over a couple / few, remember getting one the consolodating with another etc. Credit card no idea as it was normally paid off - was a few years ago and came totally out of the blue as I only rang the bank on a whim.

I've had loans and credit cards going back to 1990, including store cards etc, oh and a mortgage going back 12 years but have no idea if I took out PPI and don't have the paperwork.
Is it really that simple for one of these PPi companies to look in to it if I don't have any evidence and if so which PPI claim company can I trust?

Honestly not sure at all, I had had a couple of loans with the Halifax and a credit card - loans probably not more than about 20k in total over a couple / few, remember getting one the consolodating with another etc. Credit card no idea as it was normally paid off - was a few years ago and came totally out of the blue as I only rang the bank on a whim.

The PPI companies are a complete rip off - I had no paperwork relating to my loans and no idea I had ever taken out any PPI - all I did was ring my bank and ask them to check they did the rest for me I just had to sign to say that I had no idea about taking out PPI and they refunded me.

Indeed, I know several people who have made claims, even though they knew what the PPI was and were willing partakers.
Really sticks in my throat, the sheer dishonesty of that.

Do they only get back the extra money they paid or do they get compensation as well?

I never fell for the PPI hardsell for CCs or mortgage, and the one time I found a payment for this on the first bill for a new CC, I was on the phone straight away demanding an explanation and reimbursement
- they couldn't explain why, but I accused them of theft because I clearly declined it and they should check their records/telephone recording, they then offered me £100 for this 'mistake' of a few quid, which I took

The PPI companies are a complete rip off - I had no paperwork relating to my loans and no idea I had ever taken out any PPI - all I did was ring my bank and ask them to check they did the rest for me I just had to sign to say that I had no idea about taking out PPI and they refunded me.
Ringing your bank isn't that easy anymore though is it? don't you normally get routed via a call centre somewhere else in the world.?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom