1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PPhilips SBC-RU940 Pronto 2MB???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by stephenc, Jul 24, 2002.

1. stephenc

stephenc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +381
    I've read through a few of the threads here and it seems that the Pronto get a lot of praise. I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive learning remote that will replace my 6 remotes.

Is the SBC-RU940 Pronto 2MB the best place to start?

And, does anyone know if it can learn the Pace DVTA DVB remote control?

Finally, do I need anything else apart from the remote control itself. letsautomate.com has docking kits, basic starter kits and more on offer. All I want to be able to do is set the thing up, preferably by downloading them from remote central.

Cheers,

Stephen.

2. Noman

Noman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Prepare for a learning period of 40 to 80 hours in front of the computer and the Pronto Edit software before you can think of creating a good setup for your gear that uses the abilities and that are easy to handle.

Of course you can get it to work in a simple way in a couple of hours, but then you will be better of with a One4all.

3. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree,it's taking me a long while getting used to my 940,so many downloads available off remotecentral.com,it's all a bit mind-blowing at first!

Be careful though, I think Pace use a different IR coding system to evryone else and the Pronto can't learn this..