• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

PP Restricted Night Monday the 13th of August Full Details

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Please indicate your participation below, these are not the final perameters, changes can be made.

350PP - Sports Soft - 5 Laps at Tsukuba - BL Mini 1.3
450pp - Racing medium - 5 Laps at Nurburgring GP Course - Honda CR-Z TC
500pp - Racing hard - 5 Laps at Fuji Speedway - Honda Integra Type R (DCS)
600pp - Racing soft - 5 Laps at Suzuka Full Course - GTR GT 500 Stealth
700pp - Racing soft - 5 Laps at Spa - Pugeot 908 HDi FAP

Participants

AVF_Ambientfish
Andyshez
Techpond
Urban Gorilla
Thebag69
Nightwiz
Sebastalona
Glenbob

You must use the tyres indicated for each race, you can use any car, (except a detuned F1) cars must not exceed the PP rating for each race. I will host the event, lobby opens at 8.30 for 1st race at 9PM.

I will post the cars I am using here for info after some research.

Last edited:

mattg

Prominent Member
I'd suggest keeping 3 classes and doing two races in each? I'm not going to have a huge amount of time to test lots of cars so probably going to have a hunt through my garage for ones close by.

happy to go with the majority ont this one though and should be able to make the 13th

andyshez

Prominent Member
Sign me up fishy!!

I agree with Matt on reducing the number of classes.

Also - you will find that anything below 400pp is EXTREMELY slow. Do some testing if you don't believe me ;)

Habanero

Prominent Member
I'm in too, but agree that the format probably needs some tweaking as 5 laps of anywhere in a 250PP car will take a long time!

mattg

Prominent Member
Tsukuba, motegi east, nurb short would suit lower pp cars, fuji is definitely one for the faster PPs

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Cheers guys, thanks for the input, not so easy to do this, makes you appreciate the effort others have gone to so much. Plenty of time to get what we want here so just let me know if I'm getting closer to the real deal.

mattg

Prominent Member
Fish,this should be a belter, will be interesting to see what machines turn up :)

Just so I'm clear, are we ruling out engine de-tuning and adding weight across the board to be consistent? I.e. the car must start under the PP band and only add parts up to max PP, not drop a PP below the limit?

I have no idea what advantage either would have or how feasible this is, just thinking out aloud it'd be easier to say no sandbagging across the board for transparency.

I'd hate for all my wins to be questioned :devil:

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Fish,this should be a belter, will be interesting to see what machines turn up :)

Just so I'm clear, are we ruling out engine de-tuning and adding weight across the board to be consistent? I.e. the car must start under the PP band and only add parts up to max PP, not drop a PP below the limit?

I have no idea what advantage either would have or how feasible this is, just thinking out aloud it'd be easier to say no sandbagging across the board for transparency.

I'd hate for all my wins to be questioned :devil:

Matt, I was only thinking of barring F1 open wheelers and LMP cars, I have no real problem with detuning/boosting other cars to make the PP limits, from preliminary trials, the PP limits seem to produce pretty even results, swings and roundabouts on acceleration and braking between weight, aero and BHP.

andyshez

Prominent Member
Matt, I was only thinking of barring F1 open wheelers and LMP cars, I have no real problem with detuning/boosting other cars to make the PP limits, from preliminary trials, the PP limits seem to produce pretty even results, swings and roundabouts on acceleration and braking between weight, aero and BHP.

This is the way to do it :smashin:

I find the easiest way to get to a PP restriction is to choose a tuned car that you like which is just above the limit, and detune (add weight/remove bhp) to get within the PP limit.

mattg

Prominent Member
nice one chaps, just wanted to avoid tears before bedtime. Never spent any time looking into tuning on gt5 so looks like detuning is a good way of getting a competitive car.

What are the PP's your thinking of Mr. Fish? 400/550/700?, 5/6/7?

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Seb, are you in mate?

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Added Seb.

Last edited:

Ambient Fish

Established Member
What are the PP's your thinking of Mr. Fish? 400/550/700?, 5/6/7?[/QUOTE]

350PP - Sports Soft - 5 Laps at Tsukuba - BL Mini 1.3
450pp - Racing medium - 5 Laps at Nurburgring GP Course - Honda CR-Z TC
500pp - Racing hard - 5 Laps at Fuji Speedway - Honda Integra Type R (DCS)
600pp - Racing soft - 5 Laps at Suzuka Full Course - GTR GT 500 Stealth
700pp - Racing soft - 5 Laps at Spa - Pugeot 908 HDi FAP

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Sorted out 2 cars in each class to-night and ran them for 3 laps of the tracks we will use and they were within hundredths of a second of each other in my hands, we need to add an LMP to the 700PP class to get a wider field, I actually tried several cars with huge turbo boosts to get 700 PP but the best option was to detune a LMP, my cars are listed next to the race they will run in posts 1 and 17.

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Have we missed anyone out Guys? what about Doc K, will he be back in time?

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Added Glen mate.

Ambient Fish

Established Member
Hi UG, I just went with the suggestions made above mate, quite happy to change it if you guys want it changed

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member
Ignore me.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom