1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerstrips 'custom res' button is always greyed out!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by reggs, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggs

reggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've been trying to setup Powerstrip but the 'custom resolutions' button is
    constantly greyed out and I therefore can't seem to change res. settings. I've
    downloaded the latest version 3.30 and re-installed and still can't seem to alter
    anything! Anyone have any suggestiosn as I'm loosing hair rapidly :mad: Guess its staring me in the face but I give up !

I'm trying to set up my Radeon 9700 Pro and HS10, so any shortcuts would be much appreciated also.
    All the timing info is very confusing.
    I think I'm aiming at 1368x768 at 58Hz, but there are some conflicting posts on this forum :confused:

2. ricdiggle

ricdiggle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's exactly the same for me mate. Latest version installed and greyed out button.

Richadr

3. Steve Bate

Steve Bate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Have you paid for it/registered it, I'm not sure but I thought that custom res and defeating the startup tips was only available in the full (paid for) version.

Steve

4. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    First of all wouldn't this be better in the HCPC forum? :lesson:

Secondly though, the Custom Res stuff will work without registering. I had the same problem and it appears that your monitor driver is stopping you choosing Custom Resolutions.

If you change your monitor driver in Windows (in Device Manager or Display Properties) to something like the Sony GDM-W900 and reboot it should work.

It did for me anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.