1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerstrip ??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by jameson_uk, Feb 12, 2005.

1. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I am using a standard CRT TV. I will be using S-Video to connect for the next few weeks (until I get the time to build the VGA => RGB Scart cable) so I guess the first question is do I need to use powerstrip ?

The next question is what settings ? I have searched the forums but ended up more confused than before (is there a simple guide to powerstrip on the net somewhere ???)

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    This is the best intro to Powerstrip I know of, but while it's straight-forward sadly no description will be really simple due to the nature of what it's doing.

However, generally you can ignore most of the numbers, if you pick a pre-set resolution on the Custom Resolution dialog then the numbers get filled in for you.

As for how useful it is, it depends on what resolutions and refresh rates your display can accept, I don't have a great deal of experience feeding a CRT, the set's manual should indicate the inputs it can accept I would hope. My guess is that with S-Video the options are limited and you may find PStrip isn't too useful. OTOH, it's free to try so it'll not cost you to try it.