Powerstrip

johnkay

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me on how to input the parameters on powerstrip. I have downloaded powerstrip but not sure how to use it. I am trying to connect my htpc with Radeon 9600 to my sony hs10.

Well this is how I set mine up with my Radeon 9700 and HS10.

Right click on the PowerStrip icon in the taskbar thingy and select
Display Profiles followed by Configure.

Then click on Advanced Timing Options and then click on Custom Resolutions.

Then copy the below onto the Windows clipboard, highlight it then right click and select copy.

1366x768=1366,65,142,207,768,1,3,21,79046,39

Then click on the Paste timings button on the PowerStip dialog box, it's on the right hand side of the dialog box underneath the 16:10 aspect ratio.

Then click on Add New Resolution.

You will then have to reboot your machine after which you should be able to go into the display proporties and select the newly created resolution.

Hope that helps :smashin:

Cheers, Lee

Exactly as loonatic has described, only extra thing: make sure "hide modes that this monitor cannot display" is unticked (advanced desktop properties, displays).

Best of luck.

Are all these resolutions equal? I am using a res I found on the avstuff forum which is 1368x768=1368,56,144,216,768,1,11,23,80285,3094

My info on my HS10 shows up as programme no.51 so I believe 1:1 mapping is being achieved.

Jules

Yep, #51 should be spot on :smashin:

There's a link in the FAQ sticky in LCDs/DLP to a test pattern. Will confirm 1:1 in all of 5 seconds.

:smoke:

Thanks both Lee & Kramer, now I think I can get started, but a few questions still.
After carrying out the above, do I select the newly created resolution from powerstrip or from the computer display properties(winXP).
So once this is done no more adjustments are required you get best results from the hs10?
Do I have to register powerstrip?
At the moment when I connected my hs10 to the pc I get pics on one of the digital inputs which input do I use on the hs10? There is a computer input select to I use that ?
Sorry if these are basic questions but I have a hs10 & a htpc but a bit lost how to get the best out of them.
ps
I don't know what no.51 is

#51 or #121 is what is displayed by the HS10 when receiving 1366x768 @ 56Hz (i.e. 1:1 mapping).

Use "Computer" for DVI input.

Powerstrip doesn't need to be registered (but recommended - only fair to pay the guy for his time/effort writing the program). After reboot, select the new resolution from either desktop properties or Powerstrip (my preference).

Once you've got it working (accepted, reg. key written), you won't need Powerstrip, but it's useful for hotkeys/resolution changing.

Best of luck ;)

I have managed to get powerstrip working I think, but it has not made any improvement to picture. When I use the digital input and select computer I was getting a 4:3 destop pic in the middle of my screen , now with powerstrip and the same input I get a widescreen pic but no noticable improvement.
I have put a few minutes of a film on the hard drive and then played back the film on both my hard drive & dvd player and switching between them the hard drive i.e htpc pic is slighty better than my dvd player (slightly more detail) . This is a bit disappointing because my dvd player is only an all in one pioneer dcs303 with s-video, not even component and the htpc is radeon 9600 using dvi output.
Is it that I have not set up something correctly, because many many others on the forums say that htpc pic is much improved compared to dvd players.:(
Karmer, please let me know what you think, since you also have a sony hs10 & powerstrip, is your pic really a big improvement on htpc compared to a dvd player, or am I expecting too much.:confused:

Set up correctly & with a little calibration, nothing comes close :eek:

If you're not seeing a marked improvement over a cheap DVD player via s-video, either you're doing something wrong or.......;)

For reference, I've seen the HS10 driven by some expensive DVD players via component (Denon, Arcam etc.) & the HCPC beat each & every one.

So I am not sure what I am doing wrong , but I am not sure that I am selecting the correct i/p on the hs10, I have used the digital i/p and I get pics using the computer option or the video GBR and both pics look the same, is there a step by step guide for using the hs10 on htpc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom