1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerstrip &SonyKF50WE610

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by dunker1, Dec 15, 2004.

1. dunker1

dunker1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok.. i can build a pc, but I cannot work out Powerstrip......... :confused:
    I have got dual screens running (pc&tv) 40ft apart, running compoent vid to TV from a Video card (ASUS OEM>ATIx800Pro Omega drivers).
    All I can see on my TV screen is a partial enlarged part of my pc wallpaper. The TV screen is set to 1240*1024.
    When i activate powerstrip (onmy PC) to config it only gives me the option to change config of my pc screen? Where do I change settings and how do I change the setting for the TV?
    Please help I am at day 3.. :zonked: ...I had it working briefly showing full screen of my pc, on 80% of my TV screen, now nada. :lease:
    Argggggggggggggggggh :mad:

2. WonkyEwok

WonkyEwok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've not got into the mysteries of powerstrip yet, but you might be able to do it with just the latest 4.12 radeon drivers (www.ati.com).

This is from memory as I'm not at an ATI system at the moment so please excuse any mistakes.

right click on desktop,
    select 'properties',
    click on the 'settings' tab,
    <can't remember how you select one of two monitors, maybe click on "2" on the picture of your desktop>
    click on 'advanced'
    then in either 'monitor' or 'adapter' click on 'list all modes' and pick that which corresponds best with your tv, e.g. 1280*720, 60Hz, then 'ok'

It may be more complex than that - apologies if so.

3. WonkyEwok

WonkyEwok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Just remembered - this might work better:

Look on www.avsforum.com (the US version of here)
    And a post
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show...ght=radeon+hdmi
    which is a step by step guide (and a movie!) to connecting a radeon to a sony monitor using an hdmi port and a hdmi to dvi cable (if I've read it right).
    (If the direct link doesn't work, go to the forum and search for "radeon hdmi").