Powerstrip settings on BD800

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by flue, Apr 30, 2005.

1. flue

flue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well starting to get a hang of Barco Data 800 settings but know I want to try to use it with a PC. So witch setting to use in powerstrip and are there any differece witch graficcard to use?

2. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi,

Powerstrip is pretty versatile and works with alot of graphicscards. My graphics card is over 6 years old in my pc for the projector - its a Matrox G200 8MB and runs fine with a software player and a pentium III 650Mhz - wanted somehting cheap to build but which won't drop frames - for this it works. Recently got a Barco Data 500. I have set a custom res of 720 x 576 @ 75Hz and then applied an anamorpic squeeze. I'll only be watching dvd and most come in 16:9 - I'll probably set up a 4:3 res also as have a 4:3 screen and will watch the odd 4:3 presentation. I'll have to experiment perhaps I'm running the vertical res a little high for the 500 but I wanted to extract the full dvd res so I didn't have any aliasing. Think I'd prefer a slightly soft image rather than aliasing - which I am sensitive to. Also I suppose you know you'll need to set negative sync in powerstrip if you're gona feed your pj via bnc/rgbhv.

Hope this helps,

Simon