Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Powerstrip settings for Panasonic TH-50PHW6

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by loonatic, Jan 4, 2004.

1. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have been playing about with Powerstrip for ages trying to get 1366x768 - preferable at 50, 60 and 75Hz - on my new 50" PWD6 but I'm not having much luck.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Stoomonster - what settings are you running on your 5 series, I guess they should be the same ?

I should say that I have a Radeon 9700 video card and I'm using VGA - I gather that the DVI input only realy likes 60Hz.

Cheers, Lee

2. rscott4563

rscott4563
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Have a bump on me, I should be ordering mine by Monday and I have exactly the same sort of questions, regarding what the VGA or RGBHV inputs will accept in resolution and refresh rates??

See my thread here....

Lee, can I ask how your getting along with your 50PWD6, great/good/bad??

I can't wait to get mine, but at the same time I can't help being very nervous when it comes to spending 5k on a display.

I'm going to be running mine with a Lumagen so I'm very interested in how I'll be able to fine tune the resolution/refresh rate to get the best out of it, how are you getting on with your powerstrip settings?

Any hints or tips you want to share as a proud owner?

Cheers

Ryan :smashin:

3. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    My "media" PC (living room PC) has a Radeon 9700pro graphics card, runs WinXPpro, and Powerstrip.

I am always confused about Powerstrip questions, it all seems very simple to me. :confused:

I go to Advanced Features to create a custom resolution: enter 1366x768 for width and height and then set say 85Hz for vertical refresh rate, ignor everything else and add resolution, then go back to front screen and select 1366x768@85Hz.

If the picture isn't centreed I either use size/position on horizontal/vertical or the picture position settings in Powerstrip; or a combination of the two.

Am I missing something?

StooMonster