Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Powerstrip & Hs10

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rick1486, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi gang.
    Right - I've got an hs10 coupled via dvi to my new htpc which is using a radeon 9700pro and an lg flatron 1510 monitor (res.1024x768@32bpp) I can see my desktop on both the hs10 and the lg but i want to expand the size of image on the pj using powerstrip to 1368x768. What's the exact procedure as i've tried inputting the settings given on other threads and i just lose the pic on the lg and have a blue screen on the hs10 which ends up in a restart in safe mode to reset to 1024x768.
    Does the hertz have to be 56 for both h & v refresh under powerstrip?
    An idiot's (I've never pretended to be anything else lol) walkthrough step by step will be much appreciated either by pm, email or via this thread - please help boys I'm nearly there and it's so frustrating & will I only be able to view through the pj at that res or will the monitor be showing one res. and the pj the 1368 res. - I don't think the monitor can cope with this as previously it says "input signal out of range".
    Rick

2. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I dont think that the radeons can display different resolutions to different monitors at the same time, the work around is to use the ATI control panel Hotkeys which allow you to change resolution/primary/settings etc with a single button push. If you do a search against me a month or so ago I wrote a short tutorial on how to.

I need to be at the HTPC to do a step by step for dscaler as I haven't done it from scartch all that many times myself. I'll attemp it later.;)

3. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    okay, heres what you do to add the 1368*768 res to powerstrip

goto ATI control panel and make sure that the "hide resolutions that this monitor cannot display" is unchecked

open powerstrip
    display profiles /configure
    click the advanced timing options
    click custom resolutions
    then use these settings
    1368 active pixels 768
    hor vert
    45 refresh rate 56
    88 front porch 1
    144 sync width 3
    232 back porch 30

pixel clock 82.280

aspect any

then add new resolution and reboot.

go into powerstrip and select thr 1368*768 resolution

That should sort it.;)

4. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John I'll give it a go - will it then show up as #51 on the menu in the hs10?
    Oh and btw ho do i access the other menu options i've seen others refer to? i know it's something like left, left, enter or similar?
    Cheers
    Rick

5. rhinoman

rhinoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Yeah thats the #51 setting

The other thing you mentioned is to get into the service menu of the HS10 and you only need it if your correcting for a colour filter.